Bangkok's Most Romantic Restaurant

frogpatrol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frogpatrol,

I hesitate to promote the Oriental repeatedly but as you mention it yourself I might recommend the Chiao restaurant which is on the hotel side of the river. Advantages are that you can get a table immediately by the water and hear the live background music from the barbecue buffet , velly goos. This place is absolutely perfect , maybe see you tonight :o

BuBi

• 2 months later...

Hi frog,

I know this is a bit old by now, but I was reminded of it the other day by seeing a restaurant actually advertising itself as the most romantic restaurant in Bangkok.

It is the Amaranth, on the cornner of Suk and Soi 31, behind the furniture showroom and the condo sales office.

I have been once and must say it was very, very nice. Romantic? I think that depends on the people and the mood more than the place.

Khwai

Just after the 2nd last stop on the Skytrain, before Saphon Taksin station which is on the water, and the last.

Blue Elephant is about 100 metres or so back from it, between the last and 2nd last station if my memory is right.

Very nice large colonial building that must have cost a fortune.

For my money, Suantip is the most roomantic. but it is a long way out of town, on the river, with private little Sala's in a stunning garden

DOG

DOG

Hi,

just in the start of our relationship me and GF went to Old Dutch, not because it's on the corner of Soi Cowboy and Soi 23 but it's close to Tai Pan Hotel where we stayed. So every time in Bangkok we go there. Romantic for us at least! :neener:

elef

Archived