Bangkok's Most Romantic Restaurant

frogpatrol

SAMAK, Suantip is just beautiful, I think better in the day, but others say the night.

This weather is perfect time too.

You go out to ChaengWattana road, follow it to the river and Pakkred.

It ends up a deadend in a large market area.

A small soi turns of it to the left.

Follow that, eventually you'll see signs.

I'll see if i can get a phone number for you

DOG

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Burger stand in front of Nana, twas where Si Saket Girl and I first dined, after playing pool at Swan's bar, we loved it...ah the memories...Took WTF girl there as well, but she hates burgers, so I ate hers well trying to negotiate a short time for later, after I took her home (sensed she was in a mood, and wouldn't be putting out)...Bought a take out burger there for Cargo girl one night, she also hates burgers, but ate it anyway, because she "love me to mut..." what a trooper! ah sweet memories of that place, I get nostalgic everytime I smell grease and beef grilling... :: :: :: :beer: :beer: :down::wave:

Guest lazyphil

<<You go out to ChaengWattana road, follow it to the river and Pakkred.

It ends up a deadend in a large market area.

A small soi turns of it to the left.

Follow that, eventually you'll see signs.

I'll see if i can get a phone number for you>>

I ought to know this place, (but dont) as for a change I know this area quite well and have sweated profusley in that market many many times (got my combat trousers on the stall just outside Jusco :topic: ::) , I do know a very nice place on the Island that has peaceful panoramic veiws of the river, no idea of its name though. Have you been to the fishing restaurant just down from here near Major complex, catch and eat giant prawns, sort of romantic.

Guest lazyphil

Major, also has a bowling alley and Sizzler....not sure about the other place you speak of??..imho a very nice area to hang out, I love touring the island in the speedboats at full throttle!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lazyphil

It just occured to me we are in LOS in April--its 5 years in April since we met and 4 years (April 3) we married, I should make plans for something romantic, if not :rip::doah::grinyes:

Frog,

another high up restaurant with a cool setting is V9, on top of Sofitel, Silom. A decent alternative sometimes to Vertigo and Sirocco, although nothing good to say about the food, fusion I guess might be the style. Saturday nights are Funky so beware if like me you can't stand those beats. On other nights it's a pretty cool place to enjoy a few drinks

Archived