Home Broadband not True

gummigut

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used KSC/Mweb ADSL for over a year, and have had great results. Very good service.

Their throughput is consistent, about full speed 100% of the time.

I've used True ADSL on occasion, and the throughput was very spotty. At 3am in the morning, get full speed. At 5pm in the afternoon, I've had as little as 3KBps. Very poor.

I also have to note that my ADSL with KSC uses the TA network, so in a way, I'm dependent on the True company. My understanding is that the fee KSC has to pay to TA (True) for each KSC customer to access TA's telephone network is more than True charges each of their ADSL retail customers for the total ADSL Internet package. What a racket!

One other nice feature is that I can access the Internet at KSC's Hotspots. I think most Starbuck's are already wired as KSC Hotspots. It's real easy, and no extra charge. For example, if I use the Hotspot Wifi for one hour, one hour gets 'debited' against my 100 hours per month limit.

There are different versions of True. The one I have checks out at 54M per second. It is a new install and has problems. They claim it should be up and running at the 54M in less then 1 week. I was able to use it several times till it crapped out.

Look at their ad they run in the newspaper. Different speeds, etc. There are also some packages that are being installed that are not listed. The one I got is not listed.

Archived