Home Broadband not True

gummigut

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nervous_Dog said:

Did you see the lauunch today, True and UBC now offering TV over ADSL, interactive TV, VOD Games etc.

I'm curious about "TV over ADSL" -- is that full-resolution, decent quality? That requires far more bandwidth than I was aware is available for residential ADSL customers in Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...

Gummi,

Did you get any details on an alternative to TRUE? They are having a special now where you get the modem free. (Is this a USB modem ?)

[color:"red"]Unlimited hi-speed Internet from TRUE

Super high-speed Internet access with ADSL technology

Always-on, unlimited internet hours

English help desk from 9-5 Monday to Friday No 02-9009898

Talk on the phone and surf the internet at the same time

All this from just Bt590 a month!

Speed (download) / Speed (upload) / Monthly Charge

256k / 128k / 590

512k / 256k / 750

1M / 512k / 890

2.5M / 512k / 1,150

3M / 512k / 1,850

4M / 512k / 2,200

Other Key Selling Points

If you are already a UBC, Orange Talk Plan or Click Internet customer, you will receive a free hi-speed modem worth Bt1,800 if you apply for a speed 2.5M or higher

If you don?t already have a TRUE fixed line, we have a special promotion waiving the Bt 3,584.50 installation charge when you buy a new TRUE phone line together with this new hi-speed Internet service. Please note, True fixed lines start with 6,7,8 or 9 while TOT?s fixed lines start with 2,3,4 or 5

In addition, for every Baht you spend on hi-speed Internet by TRUE you will receive the equivalent in free Orange mobile talk time under our ?All Together Bonus? program

Questions & Answers

Q: Is there a contract period for this service?

A: Yes, there is a 6-month contract period. If you need to cancel the service for any reason in the first six months you will be charged a penalty of Bt2,000

Q: Is this a single access or multiple access service?

A: This is a single access service. Multiple access is not allowed

Q: Can I buy my own modem?

A: Yes, but we guarantee our service to support the following modems only:

1.ASKEY ? Ale070

2.ZYXEL-Prestige630

3.Billion-Bipac7000

Q: If I decide not to buy the modem from True, what charges will be applied to me?

A: Nothing. You will pay the access monthly charge as usual ie 590 per month for 256k etc. However, we guarantee our service to support the following modems only:

1.ASKEY ? Ale070

2.ZYXEL-Prestige630

3.Billion-Bipac7000

Therefore, if you do not use one of these modems and something goes wrong with the modem, we will continue to charge the access fee while the modem is being repaired

Q: Do I get an email account? What will be my email address and account size?

A: You will get one email account. The address will be yourchosenlogin@asianet.co.th. For speed below 2.5M, you are entitled to a 3MB email account while for the speed 2.5M and higher, you are entitled to 10MB email account

Q: When I subscribe to a certain speed, is that speed guaranteed?

A: No, we do not guarantee speed. The speed at any time may be lower than what you subscribe to due to many factors:

Condition, quality and length of your phone line

Your computer model and capacity

Server of the site you are surfing

Router of the website you are surfing

Therefore, we cannot guarantee speed

Q: What is All together bonus?

A: All together bonus is another special campaign for True customers where all payments on True?s fixed line and hi-speed Internet can be used as credit against Orange bill. Therefore, you can save on your mobile bills by subscribing to True hi-speed internet.

For more information and questions Please call Wasana 091292900[/color]

Yah, these are USB modems I believe.

I'm going to visit their offices in Fortune tomorrow to try and get hooked up.

I don't have a True line, so the free installation would be helpful.

Am I reading this correctly? If I spend 890 baht on the 1M line, I get 890 baht credit on an Orange phone with the Alltogether bonus? That's an incentive to switch! Or get another phone! lol

I don't want their modem (but if it's free, it'll be a good backu). I'm going to buy a wireless hub/router/adsl modem, so I can be on my laptop throughout my house (should go through the ceiling/floor) or on my desktop.

Thanks for the info!

<<burp>>

Gummi-

Give the details after you go. Considering this offer myself.

I bought 2 Orange recharge cards by mistake, 500 baht each. No refund, don't know anyone with Orange. They have a deal: SIMS for 200 B, 1B/min between 2300-1700 (I think) and 50 B free/month, something like that.

Okay, I went to the True office in Fortune on Rachada.

The concise version is that everything is as Pom Michael posted. Note this is a SELF-INSTALLATION. The long version is as follows:

Be forewarned, they don't speak English (least none of the five people that dealt with). If you don't speak Thai don't try this!!! Use the telephone number given by Pom Michael where there is English support!

First you get a counter number and wait for a True (telephone lines) representative. I got to the representative and they found my house on a map. Dude this was an awesome street map of every house in Bangkok. Now THAT is something I'd like to have and port it to my PDA!

Had a hell of a time at this point as I don't know a lot of Thai words concerning addresses and I was stumped at Khet and Khwang. Like an idiot I was saying, Not Huay Kwang, Asoke-Dindaeng. Gah, the Thai guy must have thought I was batty. He was asking for district and amphur or whatever. Eventually I got it (stupid me, the one time I didn't bring my dictionary).

Okay, they then processed the order to install the new line (5 days from now) at my house. Before they finished putting the request in True wanted to contact the owner of the house but failed by phone so he asked me that they want a new line, right? Well, I'm not gonna answer no. Heh, so they finished processing the request.

Just FYI, they copied my passport. I brought my water bill as proof of address but they didn't copy it.

They gave me a printout of the new telephone line work order and Hi-Speed internet sign up sheet. Now on one side of the work order is my name with 0 baht, on the other side is some other stuff and 3,350 baht. Will confirm, but I think it's an internal True charge to a department and my cost is 0 baht for the new line.

You then take the Hi-Speed internet sign up sheet to the Hi-Speed counter. They process your order and then direct you to the Cashier to pay. Now here is where it gets whacky. I ask pay for what. They say modem. Now I thought the modem is free under the promotion, and they say yes free. Just go to the cashier.

Okay, so I go to the cashier, and I ask her why am I paying for the modem under the promotion. They kept saying the modem is free. Wait two months. I don't understand why they kept saying wait two months (ror song duen). Now, if they said (jaai song duen) then I would have understood what was going on. At this point, I thought, I pay now and in 2-months they'll credit me. Bottom line is the modem is free, what I did do was pay 2-months in advance (which I didn't know, but read about it in the details later, and that amount + 7% vat equals what I paid at the counter). Why they kept saying wait 2-months is beyond me.

Well, I'm set to get my line installed. I've got the free USB modem (which I'm not going to use). I'm ready to go!

Not bad, installation of new line and modem free, just need to pay 2-months in advance (I chose 1mb download. Some of the other packages you only need to pay 1-month in advance). I'm going to buy a wireless/hub/ADSL modem so I can use either my desktop in the office or my laptop anywhere in the house. That'll set me back another 4,000 to 6,000 baht.

<<burp>>

Archived