84 Dead in Pattani: "This is typical"

MaiLuk

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somchai was the lawyer for the five suspects arrested over the raid of the army camp in January, he was not the lawyer for the 6 men as they were only detained this month.

STH - If criticising the army was criticising the King, then why hasn't the army shut down all the Thai newspapers as they have been criticising the army recently? I am afraid your comments are extremely naive. The Queen has recently spent almost 2 months in Narrithiwat, other Royal Family Members have made repeated trips to the South. As the Royal Family are a taboo topic, I will refrain from speculating on why, but I am sure some can read between the lines.

I suggest you read this article. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/page.arcview.php3?clid=2&id=52492&usrsess=1

thaksin came out with a long speach on TV this evening, it was even with english subtitles.

it was a bit of a weird speach, flipping from one topic to the other, from apologies to the relatives of the dead, promises of compensation, the setting up of a commission, to extreme patriotism, a veiled thread to the media, followed by promises to allow independent bodies to investigate as well. it's only a bit too late, especially after his initial snide remarks.

what somehow blew me was his mannerism and facial expressions during the speach. one moment i thought he was closed to tears, the next he really frightened me somewhat with martial poses. i dunno, i am not a psychologist, but ...

i can't really say if that was heartfelt, or just damage control, but one thing bewildered me, and that was that i had the impression that he was more guided by his emotions than anything else.

LOL!, yes. definately!

according to his quotes lotsa people deserve to die - drugdealers, army personel and police who died after the weapons heist...

he appears to me always running on uncontrolled emotions, and not just ranting and raving like mahatir who based his actual decisions on a very clearheaded logical mind.

thaksin appears to me making decisions on a whim of an emotional outburst, constantly getting himself into the shit, sticking with it, and then desparately trying to find a way out.

since he started as PM i have seen him publically, on TV, crying, whinging, being rude, threatening, arrogant, sometimes friendly and humble - completely unpredictable.

Archived