Do you respect P4P women?

MrX

nice emotionally rousing little chapter.

but it's a bit more complex. as a great fieldstudy i would suggest to have a deep look into the village called "ban jan" in roi et province, also known as "mu ban switzerland", where now the third generation is in the process to enter the game. it just became more convenient for the population to send their daughters off to a career as a hooker than actually sending them off to university with all the money they already made. that way it is almost assured to get a bigger house than they already have, a newer pick up truck, and more stuff than the next door neighbors. it's a village known widely for it's huge villas, it's satellite dishes and other unusual riches. and for the vast majority of women going into prostitution.

it is a romantic idea about village poverty that people have no choice other than being hookers. most do have a choice, but don't take it as it demands a bit more than dreaming what riches one can earn with comparatively little effort. and it needs a supportative family that takes responsibility for their children's education. and it needs politicians who actually set a positive example for a change, and not the ones we have whose only example is to be corrupt, invest into some get rich quick scemes.

why is it that if you look a bit closer that most bargirls do come from the families who work the least on their land (if they still have some left), who come from broken families, whose parents decide that when they turn 45 they are already old and can live of the moneys send by their daughters?

why is it that if you try to propagate a selfsufficient farming sythem that has proven to work, people still prefer the less labourintensive and unproductive commercial ricefarming, and live off their daughters income?

there are different kinds of poverty - material and cultural/emotional. the kind which i see repeated all over here in thailand, given from generation to generation is the cultural/emotional poverty, and that is the one leading to the massive amount of prostitution. people have given up, don't care anymore, take the so called easy way out. it is not entirely the people's fault, it is the result of decades of mismanagement in handling the social affairs of the country by politicians and businessmen who are professional in taking the easy way and after me the flood.

there are ways out, ways how to instill life back into the villages. but i don't see many propagating those ways. such as a proper landreform, given real incentitives for selfsufficient farming to the ones who need it most other than just paying lipservice to the king's ideas. of decentralising industry. instead we get one kneejerk sceme bound to fail after the other.

respect to prostitutes? no, not really. but also no disrespect. it is just a sign of the sad state of affairs of an imploding society caught between archaic cultural norms and an increasing gap of a relatively small globalised sector of society and huge mass they have completely lost touch with.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fly...I agree with your comments 100%..I'm just trying to make the members here think...Something some posters as stated above may not be capable of doing. I'm sorry if my previous post was a bit in length but I happen to be involved with an ex service girl and together we have a beautiful daughter and trust me I have experienced everything I've stated from first hand experience. Guess my point was...don't judge another person unless YOU have been in their position! I'm not trying to speak for the girls as a whole......but maybe...just maybe the majority.

rompandadam said:

Presumably its ok to go into the scene for social reasons and youth

is it ok to have multiple sponsors

is it ok to lie and scam

is it ok to squander the money?

is it ok to enjoy the sex

is it ok to enjoy it generally

is it ok not to seize a way out when it is on the table

I don't think its right to praise or judge people on this account.

Every person deserves to be treated as an individual. Evaluate people people you know, not in stupid general questions like a silly magazine quiz. :down:

Guest lazyphil

Oddly enough we are all individuals, thus so some p4p workers deserve respect and others not, same same politicians, coal miners, mahoots, mole catchers etc....I do respect someone prepared to take a gamble at a better life than spending their life shuffling around in 99 baht flipflops for eternity and endlessly saying ka to the boss who pays tuppence-halfpenny to keep 150 dollar Nikes on our youths feet in the west for example.

>I do know many that do not lie or scam, to say so in your opening is to dam them all<

I don't see how you came to that. They are not all doing it, but many are. Simple question: is it an integral part of the p4p business that is expected, condoned, and farang should not compl;ain about it?

>>>..I'm just trying to make the members here think...<<<

and i am trying to win in the lottery... ;)

but no real and total disagreement with your post as well.

i am involved with a women who herself was not in the game, but the vast majority of her cousins, nieces, schoolmates are/were or will be. increasing problem for me are the often futile attempts to hinder some of the younger gals to get into the game, which are mainly blocked by their own parents/grandparents shortsightedness and the girl's lazy outlook on life. always the "easy" way out...

nobody tought them properly, only slowly brainwashed them into a complete perversion of "thai" culture of having to provide for their parent's (who mostly in the first place have not really done that much to earn those rewards) as prostitutes.

what pisses me off is now the more and more established "profession" called *mia farang*, even politicians in some isaarn provinces don't appear to have to much of a problem to see that as a way to get more money into their provinces.

MaiLuk said:

>I do know many that do not lie or scam, to say so in your opening is to dam them all<

I don't see how you came to that. They are not all doing it, but many are. Simple question: is it an integral part of the p4p business that is expected, condoned, and farang should not compl;ain about it?

Curious as to how one gets SCAMMED when paying for pussy? You pay a girl to have sex. Where does the scam come in?

I see that as the point of the thread. Are the girls really doing anything *wrong*?

1. Girl goes with a customer, they do their business and he pays her. No one would claim that its a scam. the girl can make a living like this, no dire need to go beyond it.

2. Girl goes with customer, on a holiday for two weeks, convinces customer that she loves him and he puts her on the payroll because now they are bf/gf in his view. She continues to work. Never mind the naivete or not of the farang. The question is the girl doing something wrong?

Don't know why some of the posters jumped on the OP'er here. I would think the girls themselves have to face all of those questions soon after arriving on the scene.

What does a poor thai girl have to do in the scene to lose our respect?

MaiLuk said:

2. Girl goes with customer, on a holiday for two weeks, convinces customer that she loves him and he puts her on the payroll because now they are bf/gf in his view. She continues to work. Never mind the naivete or not of the farang. The question is the girl doing something wrong?

That is a customer being a FOOL and a DUMBASS. Falling in love after 2 weeks or a cumulative total of a couple of months with an 18yr old prostitute? That is STUPID. I think farang are hopeless romantics and the majority have no business being involved in P4P. To claim he was being scammed is a load of bunk and he should know better. I have no sympathy for saps like that. Love develops it is not instantaneous.

Archived