Do you respect P4P women?

MrX

MaiLuk said:

Your ignoring the girl side of the equation. Is she doing anything wrong or perfectly acceptable?

IMO, it is not only acceptable, but required by her job description.

One, if not the major, reason men come to LOS for is the GF Experience. No group of sex workers in the world gives the GFE to the extent the Thai sex worker does. And while they may not be as sexually sophiticated or uninhibited as some in other regions of the world, their ability and willingness to live up to the 'Adult Disneyland' theme is remarkable.

There is no cultural taboo on lying that I can see. But there is one on not telling a person what they want to hear. Or at least what they perceive we want to hear. The girls discuss these perceptions at great length, and the more successful ones are closely watched and imitated by those wishing to be more successful. Some of the preceptions are downright laughable, most are seriously culturally stereotyped and often way off mark, but except for personal experience, the only guidelines they have as no one has yet to start a Formal course on 'Sex with Farangs 101'.

So IMO they are only trying to do their jobs by 'lying'. After all few if any want to hear "OK, you old, fat smelly farang, I'll let you fuck me for enough money, but you got to buy me dinner first."

We pay for sex.......... but we could do that anywhere.

We pay for the fantasy ........... and some flavours of fantasy are best done in LOS.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaiLuk said:

Your ignoring the girl side of the equation. Is she doing anything wrong or perfectly acceptable?

Well to answer those questions it depends on what one would consider wrong or acceptable. I don't think there is a universally accepted answer.

i would think that if one is willing to BUY sex he has to accept that there will be a series of untruths asscociated with the purchase, especially if he entertains interaction with a prostitute beyond the mechanical act of sex.

Two strangers exchanging money for sex, how much honesty beyond the transaction should be expected?

The minute you ask for a name expect a lie.

We pay for the fantasy ........... and some flavours of fantasy are best done in LOS.

-------------------------------

Absolutely, LHL. If I want the wildest sex with the greatest bodies, i'd go to Venezuela, Brazil, that direction anyway.

FlyW

Mia farang

----------------------

Maybe there is a problem there, but i do not think it's fair to reduce a couple to being a farang and his mia farang stat, and then multiply, as if they're all the same.

If we go this way, we might as well reduce your wife to being a mia farang and therefore, be part of the problem. Not sure you would agree to that (i would not).

Well, same for many of these guys and girls. Who's to judge their unions by the way they met?

The Swiss village is an extreme case of farang/thai coalescing in one place. I agree there might be something unsettling there, but let's not throw the baby with the dirty water and make all mia farangs only worth to be a stat to a "problem".

Last, Rompie, OH, you guys have been burnt lately, not sure you should generalize that personal experience to all thai women as well.

respect P4P women? IMO, too much philosophying about too many women, but behaving respectfully is it, for me.

Romp,

That is a very difficult question. I think respect comes in many gradiations and at many levels.

If i take a girl out of the bar and open the doors for her on our way home, is that a form of respect?

I try to make the girl the girl comfortable and secure in new surroundings? Is that respect?

But at the same time, I function down towards her level just to communicate and talk about silly things and superficial things. Is that respect?

Many times i will throw in an extra five hundred baht or give a server girl 100B. I feel pity for her and her situation. But is that a form of respect?

And the very girl that i speak with in a bar or bar fine, i would never allow myself to be seen with her/socialize with her in the other 97% of my life. Is that a form of respect? I am afraid not...

Just the very nature of categorizing her into a BG category, how can one say we really respect her since we make it conditonal always coming up with excuses and reasons for her plight? I don't think showing pity and giving her money are forms of respect.

Are not many falangs just exploiting the economics of the equation? How can we call that respect?

Do i respect BGs at the same level as non-bgs? If one judges my behaviors, actions, communications between the two groups, the answer would be clearly no.....

So this "respect" question is a very difficult one.....

Cardinalblue

>>>Maybe there is a problem there, but i do not think it's fair to reduce a couple to being a farang and his mia farang stat, and then multiply, as if they're all the same. <<<

fair or not is not the question - that is how this new "profession" is described in the news here, even promoted by local politicians. and that was in recent opinion polls how many young women in isaarn desribed their favored career.

>>>If we go this way, we might as well reduce your wife to being a mia farang and therefore, be part of the problem. Not sure you would agree to that (i would not). <<<

it depends on the circumstances, and how one handles the situation. i am very aware that we are part of the problem, and do our best to minimise the negative impacts on the community.

first of all, we try that there will be as little envy resulting from our relationship. there is no big impressive house built on our land. our houses are wooden and bamboo shacks built ourselves. nobody gets a nice motocycle. nobody who lives on our land is going to live a lazy life on somebody else's money, especially not mine. apart from the HIV positive uncle - he is allowed that, but he also has certain responsibilities.

there is no bottles of whisky splashed out when we go to the village. money that goes from our end to the family goes only for particular reasons, if that money is mispent, there is hell to pay for, and i *will* get it back (my temper tantrums are known and feared ;) ). i do not want to be the reason that other parents start sending their daughters off to find a farang ATM. they should find a bloke they love, who loves them, regardless of nationality or ethnicy. best, somebody who understands them, speaks the same language.

secondly, i try to adapt. i do speak the lingo, i do take over my responsibilities, and i demand the proper respect a head of a rural family gets from the family members. and i get it. i try to fit in as much as i can without losing my identity.

in the recent village meeting we have had, my vote in some internal village matter was counted without questioning me being a farang.

>Just the very nature of categorizing her into a BG category, how can one say we really respect her since we make it conditonal always coming up with excuses and reasons for her plight? I don't think showing pity and giving her money are forms of respect.

Are not many falangs just exploiting the economics of the equation? How can we call that respect?

On many ocassions I was inclined to think it's them (BGs) who put that strong accent on the money side. IMO, they see it as respect.

jjsushi said:
Old Hippie said:

Capt Craig,

Maybe you can explain why many more women do not work in the sex industry? I'll say it again, it ain't all economics.

That is a silly way to rationalize the situation OH. Why are we all not corporate CEO's or drug dealers or Policemen or bank robbers. Why do you see good people make poor decisions in life? Does every battered woman seek out a man that will beat her vs a woman that has never been physically abused? Does every guy who has a bitch for a wife, search specifically for a bitch vs the guys that don't have ball busting bitches for wives?

The question is not why so many Thai women are not prostitutes; the question is why ARE so many Thai women prostitutes.

JJ,

Actually some evidence to support that battered women do seek out abusive men, as p whipped guys tend to seek out bad women has a lot to do with the role models they see growing up. Often patterns in relationships do repeat, or so Dr. Phill and the "experts" say...my problem I think, I tend to repeat thwe same patterns over and over, as do many people...

My question is more of a comment. As mant people think poverty breeds crime, prostitution etc...so the questiuon becomes, if that were true, then why don't all poor girls do this?

"...Last, Rompie, OH, you guys have been burnt lately, not sure you should generalize that personal experience to all thai women as well..."

Never generalize, generally speaking... And I don't consider myself as having been burned by SSG at all in anyway shape or form. Still sorting it all out of course...

Never generalize, generally speaking...

--------------------------

ummmm...........

not burnt by SSG

-------------------------

One is not burnt by the girl, but by the experience(s)

then why don't all poor girls do this?

----------------------------

see, need for generalization.... Not everyone answers the same to the same situation , and then, people are different, daily, life circumstances come in play. even within a family, a sister will not automatically do the same thing as the one only one year older or younger. brothers too. Etc....

"...then why don't all poor girls do this?

----------------------------

see, need for generalization.... Not everyone answers the same to the same situation , and then, people are different, daily, life circumstances come in play. even within a family, a sister will not automatically do the same thing as the one only one year older or younger. brothers too. Etc...."

O.k. let me try to explain one last time :) Here in the states for example, many people blame poverty for the sale of drugs/use of drugs. Many people say kids get involved selling drugs as a way to make money and buy the things they need such as gold chains, BMWs, expensive clothes etc...because of poverty, no other way to obtain these things. So, the question is, if this is true (I am assuming we are in agreement that it is not true) then why don't all poor kids sell drugs? Now, take that to Thailand, and instead of drugs, use prostitution as the cause of question...True, different people respond differently to various situations, thus, the argument that women (or men) enter prostitution soley because of poverty, is not an absolute truth...

Archived