Britons jailed for drug smuggling

torrenova

All druggies are wasters. Period.

Also, they are stupid beyond belief to do it in LOS or SE Asia in general.

Sure, I have my reservations about the LOS justice system and many others but there are so many arseholes in LOS doing drugs that I am surprised more are not caught. I have bounced more than one out of my bars, I have sacked more than one girl for being involved with drugs and whether people like it or not, Thailand has its laws. In my bars, I am the law.

TN,

I like your stand, straight and no way to compromise. :up:

As druggies are addicted to drugs, I do consider sigarettes and alcohol to be an addiction as well.

Do you keep drunks out of your bar as well, and is smoking prohibited there ?

Just playing devils' advocate here.

BB

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zorro said:

T said

'All druggies are wasters. Period.'

Your hypocrisy is astounding.

Have you considered that as a barowner you sell a drug (alcohol) that casues more harm and damage to society than all the illicit drugs combined.

The fact is that alcohol just happens to be a legal drug.

In my last correspondence with the Thai authorities, they confirmed that the sale and drinking of alcohol and the sale and consumption of tobacco was legal. On the other hand, they went to great lengths to make sure that I understood their country's laws on the supply, posession and consumption of illegal drugs.

Given that it is their country, nevermind my sharing their views (although I would never accept a plea for clemency and would likely execute the lot), I abide by their wishes. I suggest that those who either do not wish to follow the law or wish to insult their hosts keep a long distance from me as I have no time for those who may pose a danger to me or my business.

BelgianBoy said:

All druggies are wasters. Period.

Also, they are stupid beyond belief to do it in LOS or SE Asia in general.

Sure, I have my reservations about the LOS justice system and many others but there are so many arseholes in LOS doing drugs that I am surprised more are not caught. I have bounced more than one out of my bars, I have sacked more than one girl for being involved with drugs and whether people like it or not, Thailand has its laws. In my bars, I am the law.

TN,

I like your stand, straight and no way to compromise. :up:

As druggies are addicted to drugs, I do consider sigarettes and alcohol to be an addiction as well.

Do you keep drunks out of your bar as well, and is smoking prohibited there ?

Just playing devils' advocate here.

BB

I stand up for what I believe in. I have seen too much shit from lower to upper class people and from the uneducated to the creme of the world's finest universities get fucked up with drugs.

I don't ask anyone to back me. I have my stance and it is well known. I just do not see how any sane person could argue positively for the use of banned substances in LOS.

T.

I don't disagree with the fact that alcohol is a legal drug.

I don't condone or advocate the use of illicit drugs.

Neither do i disagree with you keeping illicit drugs away from your work premises especially considering the penalties for such illicit substances in Thailand.

However I would say that alcohol causes more problems for society than all the illicit drugs combined through violent crime, motor accidents, assaults,health related problems etc.

Further many a fine person has been undone by the ravages of alcohol and far more people have been directly or indirectly hurt by the abuse of alcohol than any illicit substance .

It may also come as a surprise to you that many people use illicit drugs and don't go crazy or cause society great problems.

Of course there are a percentage that do but it is still a much much smaller problem than alcohol.

In fact i am sure if alcohol wasn't already legal it would have been made illegal knowing what we do today about the effects of alcohol abuse on society in general.

I think I have historically posted comments agreeing with you that if alcohol and tobacco were invented today, they would be banned.

However, certainly for alcohol, moderate consumption is pleasant and not addictive. It can become habitual I agree but does not usually progress to more serious addictions in the same way that habitual use of marijuana more easily leads to the use of more harmful narcotics albeit certainly advanced in frequency due to the same distribution network.

>>>However, certainly for alcohol, moderate consumption is pleasant and not addictive.<<<

and exactly the same counts for illegal drugs. for one "waster" you'll find a hundred normal weekend users.

>>>they went to great lengths to make sure that I understood their country's laws on the supply, posession and consumption of illegal drugs.<<<

actually, the existing druglaws are not exactly their "thai" laws, but laws which came into place with the american influence, and are still very much linked to most favoured nation status.

traditionally thailand had a few different drugs of choice, such as ganja which was perfectly legal. even my missus remembers the days when every house in the village had a small legal ganjaplot.

also cambodia has kept until recently their traditional herb, ganja, legal. it was sold by the kilo in every market (i still remember those days). funny coincidence that as soon as cambodia was somewhat ready to be taken in again in the international community the US has insisted in changing their druglaws first.

basically, existing druglaws are based on outside force and pressure. traditional drugs in the countries here cannot be legally grown and sold as they used to be for centuries.

all the hard and far more dangerous drugs were either imports by the west (opium and its derivates by the brits), or were redeveloped here (amphetamines, once even legally imported from the west, before being made in the border areas) so that the smuggling was easier than the traditional relatively light drugs such as ganja and bai kratom.

i think you should go to more greater lengths in learning about "illegal" drugs before making brainwashed statements asking for the deathpanalty for something humanity has done since before its beginnings - taking drugs.

Wilcox owned a bar on Samui, Lamai. He dealt in drugs and that was well known. He did not know Flanagan that well, Flanagan ran out of money and couldnt pay his bungalow bill. He had stayed at the same place before and got on very well with the owner a Thai guy..

Wanted to settle his bill, Wilcox offered him about 30 000 baht to take pick up drugs in Bangkok.... He didnt take them to Bangkok...

Was caught as we know.

I was told this by someone who knows the two of them, apparently Wilcox was real nasty piece of work, however the person who told me this had a grudge against Wilcox so it is tainted...

I think they both deserve prison sentences of about 6 years. The death penalty is wrong whatever the crime IMHO.

STH

Archived