Is she REALLY better off?

Thalenoi,

So what are you disagreeing with? Are you saying that the girls go in the sex trade to stop making money for their family? You should tell that to the average BG and she how she responds...

Just because you can cite one example and let me tell you that is an unusual example. I have yet to find a girl to tell me they are there to better their career path or thought it would be an interesting job. They are there to make money first and foremost and if they meet a falang in the process, the better it is for them as it gives them an opportunity to a way out; it doesn't mean their future is all that rosy because sadly i would guess most customer-BG relationships end not a favorable result. But there are plenty of success stories as well....

I will agree with most poor girls (90% whatever) do not enter the sex trade and toil away at factory, sales, constrruction, and other low-paying jobs to support their families. Are they better off? Well given their circumstances vs working bar, they probably think so at the start of the relationship anyway..

Now for those who enter the bar scene, those who choose to get involve with a falang, are doing so to improve their family's life and well as there own (secondary of course to the family) or they hope so anyway.

I think you are correct in saying if those who had financial security or a good paying job, would they get involve with falangs? Well, you just have to look at non-bg girls to answer that.

i would guess it runs about 9 to 1 bg to non-bg relationship involvement with falangs maybe higher. What does surprise me is that the falang-non-bg market is as big as it is especially for educated thais. What does that tell you about how they feel about thai men or they just wish to see/meet someone different?

Cardinalblue

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Farangs tend to overvalue what they have to offer, and devalue the life of the girl. Unless love is involved, it won't work. Mind you, in most cases its love in farang/Thai relationships. The girl sacrafices a lot by moving out of Thailand. Its easier for those girls with farang who live and work in Thailand.

The ghost which always follows farang/Thai relationships, is people who think its a matter of the girl escaping poverty.

Cheers!

"...Now for those who enter the bar scene, those who choose to get involve with a falang, are doing so to improve their family's life and well as there own (secondary of course to the family) or they hope so anyway..."

CB,

I would disagree, I think a lot of girls end up fucking up their lives as a result of working in the bars. Hardened emotions, learning to scam, always thinking they can get a better deal, sell their body to anyone, so devalue their relationships, the list is endless. Many see it as sacrificing themselves for their family.

I do know success stories, but the horror stpries far surpass them.

CBK,

I tend to agree a bit here...

"... thought to chew on here but could not the same thing be said about most punters?

I have as aked myself this in the past for sure...."

Jotagawan,

I find myself asking that alot these days also... :(

Guest lazyphil

<<I don't agree at all with your statement about "a BG having a life of their own".>>

Perhaps compared with chinatown brothel girls I would suggest they infact do, partying, drinking, trips to exotic islands like Phi Phi, I know of one bg who rode a Harley around Phuket. Some of these bgs forget the reason why they go to Phuket etc and have a big party, more freedom/lfe than alot of girls contrained by Thai expected behavior?

I know of several bar girls who went to Phuket. Till they found a falang, they forgot about their families. One forgot about her son. She married a falang and went to falang land.After a year,she finally told her husband she had a son. The son was living on 5 baht a day. Had no underwear. Another bar girl decided to go further south into Malaysia. She tried her hand at pimping. Ended up in prison. Another bar girl forgot about her family. Whenshe got a falang, she remembered she had a daughter. All of these families, especially the innocent members, all bare scares.

Talk to your average Basngkok bar girl; she lives in a cheap apartment, does not make much money, is better off then working in a rice field. Contrary to popular belief, most do not go on exotic trips, ride harleys and have expensive cars.

[color:"red"]O.k. I once again failed to express this properly...so I'll Try again. Assume a girl has a choice, go with 10 guys a months, maybe get 15000 bht or so, maybe, or sit in a bar and hope a guy bar fines her, doesn't hurt her, and pays her, no idea how much, or, she can stay with one guy, have sex with him a few times a week, get 15-20K a month, and perks, and an education...? as long as she is going to sell it, she should minimize the risk and get all she can no? Especially if she doesn't like having sex with different ment men/working bar etc...? Also appears slightly more respectible no? I mean it appears she is in a relationship, rather than working as a prostitute. And a steady guy might give her family more also.

[/color]

I do not MISunderstand what you are saying OH. You seem to value what you call "better way out" than what many women think. Have you ever though that many women would rather take their risks and be what they are than taking a bigger risk "being with a farang" and having sex with several guys are better off in her own mind than being steady with one particular "farang"?

Like my ex-fiance has believed that (even when I saw him again 12 years ago) that I would have been better off with him. Give me a break, what is the use of being "respectable", having sex with "one man" if your heart is not at it? Believe it or not most women, including BGs can pretend so far and so long :rolleyes:

It takes many things to be happy and satisfied OH, if ones just look at the surface, ones can assume many things. I would never judge people for what I see. :(

Jasmine

>>>Also appears slightly more respectible no? I mean it appears she is in a relationship, rather than working as a prostitute. And a steady guy might give her family more also.<<<

that is again the same old question - what do you, a farang customer rather want to hear?

1) "my thai husband left me, had mia noi, beat me. my parents poor, have to support sick old father . cannot go to school too poor."

or...

2)"my thai husband was nice and all, but he's a poor cunt. and fuck, why the hell shall i spend my days on a rice field when i can make shitloads fucking fat farang. i tell them some sob story, and a few even send me a monthly. why the fuck should i go to school, i can make more doing what i'm doing. and yeah, it's a bit of a pain in the arse to fuck all those fat bastards, but well, when they drunk it just takes just 15 minutes and i'm out and can party with my friends, maybe meet some hardbodied thai bloke who is actually fun to be around with. marrying one of them farang and move to farang land?! 15 minutes is more than enough, and with the money i make i have lotsa fun here."

jasmine said:

Like my ex-fiance has believed that (even when I saw him again 12 years ago) that I would have been better off with him. Give me a break, what is the use of being "respectable", having sex with "one man" if your heart is not at it? Believe it or not most women, including BGs can pretend so far and so long :rolleyes:

Jasmine

Its called self centered and immature, the way your ex-fiance behaved. It reminds me of myself in my first relationship and made me think back.

What follows that behaviour, is also posessive and ownership treats. Not a good foundation.

Cheers!

Archived