Is she REALLY better off?

Zaad said:

Of course not.

Bargirls actually have a life of their own apart from the bar and in some case it's not worth giving up for anybody.

Simple.

Unless they have children, that's life with no structure.

Once in a while they have to pay their bills and send money home, no other day obligations worth mentioning. If one could sleep 3am to 4pm there is nothing to be missed.

Hardly anything that would keep them occupied and unable to jump on a moto-taxi and rush to meet a customer who suddenly called (unless they are already with another customer).

At no set times - eat, sleep, drink, gossip. If they are 3 sharing a room, two may talk and drink while one is dying for sleep, 2 may sleep and one receive punters's calls all day or all 3 receive calls - the room rings like inside the clock tower.

The life ressembles what they had upcountry - a sense of community, people (girls) coming in and out, floor sitting, eating and drinking...

The pillar of the daytime is taking shower, make up and go to the bar.

It all revolves around their night job. How else would they be able to meet a customer one night and be on the plane to Phuket or elsewhere the next morning for a week or longer?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LP said:

>>>I saw plenty of young fit, healthy looking Scania types with bar girls in Patong, in fact in Patong there seemes/seemed to be more of these guys than the fatsos you speak of! <<<

yes, i was once on of 'em young and fit blokes.

only that girls did not really see me as marriage material, only for fun.

mai luk said:

>>>For alot of the lookers, they really are having fun running multiple punters and the excitement of finding new ones. Their lives are similar to party girls in farangland who hit the nightlife every night. Married life is not 'better' in their view. <<<

true.

the fun they get from youngish farang blokes who don't put any pressure on them to change their lifestyle, or, especially from young thai blokes who speak their language, listen to the same music, etc...

there are many sorts out there, and there are also some who are looking for some sponsor who takes them out of the life, into a school. but i would say that this is the vast minority. don't just take for granted that some girl is in that life because she had no other options and is jumping on any option some farang thinks up is "good" for her. many girls simply do not share your logic - they have their own logic and make their own decisions based on that. and school, and a life of hard and boring work might not really be to their liking. a reason that many of them came into this nightlife here.

fucking sextourists for money is for many a bearable flipside of the life they prefer to lead.

[color:"red"] From what i've seen lately on the net, girls have some real affection for dogs and horses

[/color]

I don't knw about horses but the dogs, they are quite faithful. Who else would sit with you every night, greet you at the door everyday, never forgets you and most of the times eat everything you put on his/her plate? :)

I feel that looks do count, however, many other qualities make life a joy.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] don't just take for granted that some girl is in that life because she had no other options and is jumping on any option some farang thinks up is "good" for her. many girls simply do not share your logic - they have their own logic and make their own decisions based on that. and school, and a life of hard and boring work might not really be to their liking. a reason that many of them came into this nightlife here.

[/color]

Couldn't have said it better.

Jasmine

[color:"red"] They are there to make money first and foremost and if they meet a falang in the process, the better it is for them as it gives them an opportunity to a way out[/color]

They are there to find a farang first and foremost, but many end up just making some money for the family, exactly as they did before "working bar" and as Torrenova mentionned their new job might very well be an improvement over working in the ricefield or factory or cleaning houses as a maid.

And yes many have no choice thatn play the game, once they get the message farangs are only visiting bars for sanuk, not to find a wife, some never get the message though :banghead:

This is where our views/experience differ...

Hi MM,

Interesting issue you raise here :up:

Allow me to share my thoughts on this issue from a slightly different perspective, namely from thai women haven taken the plunge and relocated to europe:

I see you are not specifically talking about bargirls, but thai women in general.

I know a number of thai women living here and their life definitely didn`t turn out the way they had imagined.

Generally their expectations to relocating to farangland have not been met.

Few had any idea what living here would be all about.

Apart from a few marrying money, typically they will only be able to visit friends and family at home mayby once every 5-10 years or so.

Roughly half the thai population in my town is unimployed or temporarily employed in various projects designed by the local government to beautify the actual unimployment percentage.

The rest works low end jobs generating an income only marginally higher than social welfare.

Their network is almost entirely a thai one, except from their spouses.

Although there in my country is a huge array of options allowing you to pursue your hobbies/sports/education that could actually enrich their lives, I don`t see them participating.

Their activities seems to be confined by the 4 walls of their home and of that of their thai network.

Most that I know of would go back home in a heartbeat, provided they would be able to sustain a reasonable life in Thailand, which they cannot. That`s why they ended up here in the first place.

The ones I see do well are they ones who came here as kids with their mum.

They have been able to integrate much better due to going to school here and I am happy to see that most in this category are doing very well.

I kinda wonder what thai ladies who visit their homes in Thailand, tell their neighbours and friends what life here is like. Because often I see them applying for a visum for friends or family allowing them to get up here on a 3 month visa looking for a husband. :dunno:

I guess they paint a somewhat different picture in that situation than the one they present to me. :o

I would definitely recommend any thai woman considering relocating overseas to have a talk with someone who has actually been living here for a while and someone who doesn`t have a hidden agenda.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

[color:"red"]I kinda wonder what thai ladies who visit their homes in Thailand, tell their neighbours and friends what life here is like. Because often I see them applying for a visum for friends or family allowing them to get up here on a 3 month visa looking for a husband.

I guess they paint a somewhat different picture in that situation than the one they present to me.

[/color]

This is what you normally hear: [color:"blue"] Oh we are so rich, I don't do anything at home, never have to work, I eat anything I want, sleep all day if I want too, etc. [/color]

Many Thais' concept of comfort is differrent from pther people, including industrious Thais. They think that lazing around the houses is a luxery, especially that you still have food to eat. Look at the village people, many consider doing nothing and still have food is a luxery.

I find that many of these Thais including men, do not tell the truth. A close cousin of mine works in a factory in florida making $8/hr. makes sure that everyone thinks she is rich, walking around in Thailand with gold, looking like a gold shop. She told every one that she has 2 cars (how common is that in USA, they are necessary!) and making $10.00/hr. causes such a stir and excitement. The bad kick-back about showing off for her is that, she cannot turn her relatives down when they ask for money :). She cannot go to Thailand often, only every 5-6 years because she has to save enough to throw money around a bit, but she sure is happy there in Thailand in such condition, sure is different when she is in the USA :(

[color:"red"] Most that I know of would go back home in a heartbeat, provided they would be able to sustain a reasonable life in Thailand, which they cannot. That`s why they ended up here in the first place.

[/color]

I agree with this assertion too, many of them have no love left for their "white knights", very sad. :(

Jasmine

[color:"red"]"...I don't knw about horses but the dogs, they are quite faithful. Who else would sit with you every night, greet you at the door everyday, never forgets you and most of the times eat everything you put on his/her plate? ..."

I would.

[/color]

And don't talk back, eh? :)

Jasmine

Archived