Freelancers union raises prices at Nana ?

OCgringo

Your analysis is flawed. Farangs in Thailand are not earning the Thai daily wage and so prostitutes that cater to farangs can't be judged on that scale.

How much would a Saudi oil sheik pay in Las Vegas?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 185 baht a day is the MINIMUN daily wage in Bangkok. A person on a equivalent pay in the US, minimum hourly pay, would be hard pressed to afford a $150 hooker.

I can assure you, when a Thai professional or businessman goes to a prostitute, he doesn?t pay 300 baht. The Thais that pay 300 baht (or less) are the ones making the 185 baht minimum wage. Do you make minimum wage in the US? Why do you compare yourself to the people in Thailand that do?

The Thais that make 185 baht a day, generally do not get to buy a lady - they cn not afford it. When they do, it generally is in the 100 baht category.

Those that make minimum wage in the US, generally can not afford a prostitute.

The issue is why would somebody pay a street walker the same amount of money as to what some Thai people make in a week (5 days). Would you pay a street walker in the US what some people make in a week? Hell no!

I do not think people realize how inexpensive things are in Thailand. If somebody says you are paying too much for something, you take notice and try getting it more at the fair price. This is true for everyhting in Thailand except for a piece of ass. Some will argue over the priece of a piece of chicken, but if told the price for a piece of ass has went up, they do not complain.

well since I started this....

the question was have freelancers around Nana increased their "asking" price or did I just hit the wrong few ?

My "survey" was only 4 or 5 girls that night, but like all surveys you need more numbers imput to really get good data :)

I can understand "asking" 1500 baht , because if the punter bites its another 500baht in her pocket,

What I cannot understand is refusing the 1000baht and getting nothing.

Its not like I am insulting them with a 300baht offer !

OC

torrenova said:

As ever, too many people have the idea that "because they can afford it" or "it isn't that much really", they should pay over the market price.

Do you think these people walk into the Ferrair dealership, see a USD 200,000 car and offer USd 750,000 ? Of course not, not even Bill Gates.

:up::applause: :applause:

On the same vein, there is a guy I work with that for the first few months he was here would come into work and say he bought some cds at the weekend - how much was the question, the answer? "he wanted 120B but I just gave him 150B." WTF !!???? He has now been soundly and repeatedly slapped so he now does it the right way.

ultras67 said:the same vein, there is a guy I work with that for the first few months he was here would come into work and say he bought some cds at the weekend - how much was the question, the answer? "he wanted 120B but I just gave him 150B." WTF !!???? He has now been soundly and repeatedly slapped so he now does it the right way.
If a guy wants Bt120, pay BT120 if you cannot bargain him down to Bt100. Giving Bt150 just feeds the greed machine which raises prices across the board for non Thais.

There is a time to tip and the right time is not everytime.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If a guy wants Bt120, pay BT120 if you cannot bargain him down to Bt100. Giving Bt150 just feeds the greed machine which raises prices across the board for non Thais.

There is a time to tip and the right time is not everytime.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I agree whole heartedly and have noticed that regardless of what *they* are given it never seems enough. Generally it seems that if you accept their stated price they feel cheated since they think they could have asked and got more!

I have also noticed that frequent tipping for a service is very quickly forgotten. The original tip for good service and after a short while they just expect the tip and offer shoddy service. When the service gets poor then I do not tip and let them know I am not happy. This has happened on a couple of occasions.

On principle I try to bargain for nearly everything.

The time I remember best was on McDonald’s steps where all and sundry congregate after Pat Pong closes. I asked a girl how much for all night and was quoted 1,000 baht. I raised my eyebrows and she dropped her price to 500 baht! That is now my benchmark :)

Cheers,

John Betong

torrenova said:

A couple of years ago: 20 beers at Bt65 each = Bt1300 plus a girl at BF300 and her Bt1000 LT = total cost of Bt2600.

Now, 20 beers at Bt95 = Bt1900 plus BF of Bt600 plus girl at Bt 2000 = total cost of 4500.

20 beers? :: Who drinks 20 beers on a night out?:drunk: Even in my heyday I wasn't drinking 20 beers a night. Well, maybe...:dunno:

Still paying 1000 baht with no complaints. I think it has a lot to do with what you look like, if you speak Thai, and if you are a long time resident or not. Many FLs tell me that they have different prices for different guys. Also, if the gal likes doing you it helps....

GS

Archived