Rape of Nanking, the forgotten Holocaust

spirit_of_town_hall

The Australian SAS were certainly in Vietnam. Think they were based around Vung Tau. So would be feasible that the Brits got in via that route. (very moving book about the Aussies in VN, "View from a Low Bough"). There was certainly some British involvement with a jungle warfare training school in Johor Bahru, Malaysia near Singapore, being used to train some VN bound US soldiers. Further, infamous poet Pam Ayres was apparently in the RAF in Malaysia involved in photographic interpretation of bombing raids carried out in Vietnam by the USAF. (recently there was talk of the SAS being used in post Pol Pot Cambodia to train the Khmer Rouge -so really anything's possible).

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont worry dude China hasn't forgotten. China will make Japan apologise even if it takes 100 years. The Nanking Massacre was only one event in a litany of genocidal Japanese actions in China during this period. The West looked elsewhere. You should read about the Japanese Unit 731 in manchuria and their biological warefare experimentation on the chinese. It's a real eye opener and these dudes were never prosecuted after the war. Instaed we used the information for our own experiements.

I always wondered why we never went after Japanese war criminals with the same ferver we went after German war criminals with. Where is the "Chinese Simon Wiesenthall?" If I recall, the garrison commander at Nanking, went on to become a prominent doctor (or dentist?) in Tokyo. He was supposedly never called on his record of atrocities.

'Instaed we used the information for our own experiements'

no differance to what happened during the run-up to the end of WW II.

the race was on between the Allies and Russians to find as many German Scientists and Engineers so that they could develop Weapons etc for the future.

yhere has been a good series on the BBC lately all about the Space Race and how Werner Von Braun was persued and captured by the Americans because of his expertise in designing Rockets.

he might have been thought of as a War Criminal but the Americans wanted him badly and of course he became the father of the Gemini and Apollo Space Series.

anyone remember the excellent TV Series 'Tour Of Duty'?

it told the Story of an American Platoon in Vietnam and was neither pro or anti the War,just tried to show how the average Soldier tried to cope with the War.

i remember they tried to tell about My lai in a series of episodes but obviously with no names.

i know we have at least 2 Vietnam Vets here on this Board and i was wondering if they have seen the TV Series and wether it did successfully portray what it was like in the Vietnam........

Archived