Time elapsed between eating and the shits?

MaiLuk

This is no idle question gentleman.

Had a case of the runs tonight at 9pm. It was very similar to what happens at least a couple of times during each trip to BKK. Sitting on the shitter I was trying to figure out what I ate that caused it. An important question so that I can avoid that same food or restaurant in the future.

If I knew how long it takes for a case of the shits to work its way through the system, I might figure out which of the following suspects is the guilty party.

10am - ate left over salmon from the night before, I had refrigerated it right after I got home from the restaurant last night

2pm - slice of left over pizza from the day before (yeah i'm a bachelor who lives on leftovers). This pizza was refrigerated shortly after it was delivered from the pizza place yesterday.

6pm - Burger at a restaurant with fries

8:30pm - ice cream from an ice cream shop (the diet will start after thanksgiving holiday ::)

9pm - mad dash for the toilet

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but that ain't even close to having the trots. No doubt the accumulation of grease from the pizza, burger, fries, and finally ice cream just overwhelmed the small amount of real food there, causing an avalanche effect. Where the rice, or noodles or ungreased potatoes to hold anything in.??

It's when you are halfway through the only meal of the day and need to get to the can without farting that you have the trots. :neener:

If you are not living in an area, the water can also play havoc on your system, not that there is necessarily anything wrong with it, it's just different than your system is accustomed to.

So stick to beer, booze to kill the bad bugs, and rice ........ you'll be fine.

eat the pizza, drink the beer ............. stay within 6 steps of the toilet. At least for an hour. :neener:

I would suspect the burger and greasy fries more than anyhing else. Nothing like cooking in rancid oil to give you the trots.

Might take 3 to 4 hours if you eat contaminated food.

If so you'll have more than the shits to worry about.

I ate chicken one time and about 4 hours later I was sitting on the toilet with my head in the sink. Not a very nice experience.

Lets say I was open ended for a few hours.

Next morning I couldn't stand the smell of food of any kind.

Took nearly all that day to get it out of my system.

So I think what you had was probably a back up of overcooked shit.

Never allow your shit to be overcooked because if you try farting you could follow through and be really in the shit.

I had a girl friend that was going at both ends: vomiting and shitting. At least she had the sense to take her pants off. I went into her place, got some toilet paper and brought it out to her. When she was finished, I led her inside.

I wished somebody had filmed that - it surely was funny at the time.

Archived