The clampdown begins!

Yehtmae

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Stickman:

"around 50% are female"

According to the TAT site, the split is almost exactly 60% male : 40% female.

Stick

Hi, a mutual friend is involved in a project to do with this at the moment, and the actual TAT figures are somewhat "massaged" the actual figures differ per country but the U.k for example is a 75/25 split M/F.

Originally posted by spirit_of_town_hall:

"Apparently the German visitor ratio is %92 male 8% female."

These figures are certainly hearsay. My job has to do with tourism/travel in a broader sense and though I'don't have any statistics at hand, I'd estimate the ratio to be 60/40 -which is exactly the same as the ratio for all visitors to Thailand.

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

Hi Scum,

I was joking,a place where there are good statistics is www.baronbonk.com there are various articles, its in one of those. I think the article was criticising early bar closing times or something.

This lunch break I went out to lunch with some colleagues the women of the group didn't seem that enamoured with the country.

One, describing Samui said it was awful, all these Thai girls drapped over awful fat men.

quote:

Originally posted by rictic:

As far as I am aware you can have more than one British passport at one time.

If you mislay your passport request a replacement which is fully valid, as is the mislaid passport,If you find it again.

I am not so sure that is true.

Yes some countries allow 2 passports and the UK may be one such country. Switzeralnd certainly is. The justification being extremely frequent business travel,thus enabling appropriate visas to be obtained whilst still going about business.

If on the other hand you misplace passport. It surely is the same as stolen. This has happened to me once with a UK passport and the new one is marked 'replacement of passport # such and such. Therefore only the new one remains valid.

quote:

If you mislay your passport request a replacement which is fully valid, as is the mislaid passport,If you find it again.

Yes some countries allow 2 passports and the UK may be one such country. Switzeralnd certainly is. The justification being extremely frequent business travel,thus enabling appropriate visas to be obtained whilst still going about business.

If on the other hand you misplace passport. It surely is the same as stolen. This has happened to me once with a UK passport and the new one is marked 'replacement of passport # such and such. Therefore only the new one remains valid.

quote:

Stickman, yes you are absolutely right the split is more like 60/40, I thought I had read before it was 50/50 but obviously not. Still, 40% is a significant % alone that are not sex tourists.

Scum Baggio, actually it was about 10m as DB said. Most are Singaporean, but how long they stay and what they do is only speculating as the statistics don't say and we don't know how they are calculated. Maybe you're right, maybe not.

DB, I agree with your analysis although the true figure IMHO would still be a bit lower. We can only guess at it though really. Going by your figure of around 1m, that still makes up only 10% of all tourists. That was really the point I was trying to make, that the whole of the Thai tourist industry would not collapse if Nana etc were to be closed down.

quote:

Originally posted by Iaxia:

Stickman, yes you are absolutely right the split is more like 60/40, I thought I had read before it was 50/50 but obviously not. Still, 40% is a significant % alone that are not sex tourists.

There are some lez and couples cruising the gogos. Also there are Chinese group tourists taken to Pattaya gogos. Is it probable that factoring out hotel costs, the average sanuker spends more baht per day than the average non-sanuker? crazy.gif" border="0

Archived