Airplane Features Today

unit731

What are the features on planes in 2004? I realize that each airline may add or subtract a specific feature or option, but what have others observed in an airplane today? The last time I flew the planes had movies in center ailes and some canned music with large headphones. Now I hear that some planes have LCD color TV's on back of seat in front of passenger. Is this common? I used to bring a portable DVD movie player with me and one extra battery. That only lasted about 6 hours. I heard some place that some airlines let user plug in portable DVD player and use planes electricity with proper adapter. Any good or outstanding features out there and in what airlines? And yes, I fly coach. :sleeping:

unit731 said:Any good or outstanding features out there and in what airlines? And yes, I fly coach. :sleeping:
As Shygye said, the benchmark is Singapore Airlines (SQ). Even in economy, they have individual LCD screens, on demand movies (60+), CDs (200+), TV shows (25 or so), Nintendo & PC games. Food is excellent and service is top notch. And of course the trolley dollies are the sweetest looking and acting in the sky!

Oh, they do have outlets for laptops too.

I travel a lot and live in Bangkok. I prefer to use Thai (TG) as I like non-stops. But like the bars in Nana, TG has priced themselves out of my budget and their service is less than SQ (tho' light years better than any North American, european or Oz carrier). I own my own company and I fly economy too (unless I get upgraded) as I want more money in my pocket. Singapore has of late been the lowest cost Star Alliance carrier (recent trip to LAX: SQ=B27K, TG=B34K) for the routes I fly as well. So the best in service and the lowest price...what's not to like? I can live with a stop or two for that!

Cheers,

SD

Features? Planes now have reclining seats, movies, flushing toilets and a host of other goodies.

Seriously though, each carrier has different configurations and entertainment options depedning n the flight and class of service. maybe tell us who you like to fly or the primary carrier for your area, then we can probably be more specific with info, otherwise I suggest that you go and check out

www.flyertalk.com

which is an exhaustive source of info for frequent and infrequent flyers.

thai is 'upgrading' as we speak & should have the bells & whistles in place on most longhaul Y class during first half 2005 I think?

meanwhile I can think of SAS & Swiss besides SQ who provide unlimited inseat infotainment between europe & BKK.

I'm sure theres others I'd guess finnair perhaps?

OK, thanks. Travelocity here usually brings up United as lowest fare. Does United have the LCD TV screens on any flights? I used to fly Korean from JFK thru Korea to BKK. Does Korean have the LCD TV on any of their planes?

Singapore airlines?

Archived