Lower Suk to Khao San: Most Painless Route?

Fiery Jack

Moo Noi or anyone,

Is Suzi Pub the one in the little thru rd near the Mc D on KSR. I think I know it. Never went in but it seemed mostly Thais.

Curious to know why they dont give you the time of day? Is it just because they dont like bein hit on? Or are they not interested in farangs?

Just curious why that is...shame because alot of these girls have the Thai girl look that I like...

Cheers...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah - you got the location right.

Yes - mostly Thais in there. A few farang. They've got a cover charge, so that keeps the back-packers away.

From what I can gather, a lot of the girls in their either have money, or think they have money (if you know what I mean) and portray themselves as hi-so. A lot are I guess.

I think a lot of it is because the pub is in the Khao San Road area and the chicks in there seem to paint all farangs in the Khao San Road area with the same brush - here on holiday, cheap, not much money etc. etc.

You also see very few pairs of friends in there - it is mostly groups and seem to be a lot of TG's with their Thai boyfriends. You do get groups of girls in there, however. But maybe they're worried about what their friends will think if they start talking to a farang.

It definitely helps if you can speak Thai and you live in BKK though. When you mention this the attitude seems to change somewhat - not always, but quite often. Then they know you're not a blow-in and (potentially) not after a one-night stand.

I've never got a one-night stand in there, but didn't seem to have the sort of vibe where that was going to happen, so didn't try. As I said, most girls there are with a group of friends and are probably worried about "face" in front of their friends etc. Also, remember that a lot of them aren't after a one-night stand either.

I have gotten a few phone numbers from girls in Susie over the years though which led to follow-up dates and a couple of sexual liasons, but nothing in the relationship sense. Fine by me!

Just relating my experiences of course. Others may have a completely different take on the place.

Definitely HOT eye-candy though. Puts any gogo to shame. Then again, if you prefer the dark-skin Isaan look, you'd probably be disappointed. Each to their own.

Time to get the Rossetta Stone Thai Language course out and get some level of competency

Awww man... you got the copy version! :doah:

Mine's the real version... "The Losetta Sa-tone" :grinyes:

I'd teach you, but all of my Thai has been learned from bargirls, katoeys, tuk tuk drivers and cabbies... handy for slang though! (Or is that sa-lang!) :deal::closemouth:

Ask them "..and how long have you been on holiday?" and watch them splutter.

"No...we're travelling"

A friend of mine in Thailand used to do the same, but he'd protest: "I hate when people see me and think I'm a sex tourist: I'm not a sex TOURIST, I'm a sex TRAVELLER!" If you've done the backpacker scene, it's a great joke...

YimSiam

Well 2 full bottles made it back to Bang Na...(plus 1 empty one...LOL...)

Journey was time consuming, but relatively painless......just lounging back and having a glass of Shiraz gently "poured down my neck"...5555

The company took my mind off....well....everything else....just for a change...

It was great to catch up for "Birthday" lunch and a chat, even if it was all too short.

Next time we need to plan our time better (but prolly won't have to go to NK and get married again, so time should be no problem)

Cheers DS

Archived