Lower Suk to Khao San: Most Painless Route?

Fiery Jack

This is one of the (many) BKK conundrums which, even after umpteen years of visits, I am yet to solve. :clown:

Basically, if I want to get to Khao San road from Lower Suk (okay, erm, let's say from NEP :drunk: :hubba:) during daylight hours, what's my best bet in terms of a comfortable journey (time, hassle, money...)? Tuk-tuks seem to take ages: not much fun when you're ferrying a gallon of lager :drunk: and thus busting for a piss after about 5 minutes in the saddle. :( Is there an appropriate BTS station I could get to from Suk and then hop a tuk-tuk/taxi that would be more efficient in terms of time/brass? Or would a meter taxi all the way be better? Motorbike taxis I gave up using some years ago, having watched a few old Evel Kneivel :o videos: intimations of mortality (or at least a fatal traffic accident) and all that... :doah:

Just wondering...

jack :beer:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

during daylight hours you can take the boat on Khlong Saen Saep all the way to the last stop at the Golden Mount (you have to change boats at Patunam - just follow the crowd)

stops are at Soi 3 (walk to the bridge from NEP) and Soi 15 (take moto for 15 B from the beginning of Soi 11, say "taa leua soi sip-haa")

good tip about the boat, but even I did take that one a few times I'm thinking in waiting time, changing etc. it may take quite a while or are the day time boats actually quite frequent?

bound to be faster than the nana-siam-thaksin-boat-walk to khaosan rd route though while moto/taxi direct or rajathewi+moto are my preferred routes with the #511 a/c direct bus the best value though probably not quickest in bad traffic!

not to be nit picking really, but I've travelled quite a bit with the bkk busses mostly several years ago as well as found pricing info on various government webs.

my findings has been to best of my knowledge 4/4,5bt used to be the fare while a hike made it 5bt a year or so ago & yes we're talking majority busses red ones ;)

remember a suggestion of night time 50-100% surcharge same time they discussed rasing taxi fares, but I think that was dropped?

likely I've been scammed all along - I often get that!

Archived