Nana Hotel Rooms: Good, Bad, and No Thanks.

Fiery Jack

I'll be staying at the Nana Hotel next week, :o first time I've laid my hat there for ages, hence this simple query. :) I recall, on previous occasions I have stayed there, sometimes getting a quite nice room and sometimes being alloctaed the kind of noisy hell-hole for which you'd need a gasmask plus hoover with mudguards on... :doah:

So, what's my best bet for making sure they don't stick me in a chamber of horrors with a broken shower, threadbare carpet and a telly on the blink? :doah: Are certain floors or rooms facing a certain direction notoriously newer/better/quieter than others, so I could ask at check in? Or should I ask to have a shufty at the room before I check in? :hubba:

Yes, I know the Nana's a shithole and you pays your price and takes your choice etc. :( But I'll be coming in off the arse-end of a long-haul, and will be wrecked. :sleeping::drunk::sleeping: Thus some small modicum of comfort, even the 1000-baht-per-night sort, would be nice so I can get some decent shuteye before then proceeding to NEP to get more wrecked. :up :beer::applause:

Oh, and I've booked a "standard" room.

Cheers for any sarcasm in advance. :clown: Advice would be nice too. :hug: Feel free to post specific room numbers I might request: and I'll be checking the bastard first, lads, so no gags. :nono::rolleyes: ::

jack :help:

In the days when I used to stay in that shithole, if the porter took me to a room I didn't like (especially those horrible facing-inside beige ones), I'd simply say could I have a different room please. Always worked.

Why are you staying there anyway? The rooms at PB, for example, are much better, cleaner and even cheaper. The only downside is that you have to pay by cash.

Don't know what PB is, but walking out of the room I didn't like and demanding another has always worked for me, 3 instances on one check in, but got a nice room overlooking the "pool" 512? maybe 712? I can't remember,.

Cheers

Coss

Something the girls have told me.

Some of them will not stay or even go to Nana Hotel, seems a couple of farangs have checked out there (for good). And the place is haunted. They even quote room numbers.

It may be true or not. What I can say is they think it is, and if you haven't noticed these girls get spooked easy by these things.

BTW I expect every hotel has its share of this type of history.

Nothing, I repeat, nothing is as good as the Nana Hotel in Bangkok. But if you want better, go down to the Imperial Hotel near the embassy. I stayed there 20 years ago and paid 125.00 US. Very nice. Or go to the Marriot next door to the Nana Hotel. The rooms list for 220.00 US but you can negotiate down to around 150.00 US. Nice piano player in lobby. And the Sunday buffet is great. :beer: But nothing beats the Golden Beer Bar for a nice cold one. Just outside the lobby of the Nana Hotel. Nothing beats the Nana Hotel for location and ambience. Just take a moment and sit in one of the large lounge chairs in the lobby of the Nana Hotel and watch humanity come and go. Rarely is there a dull moment in the lobby of the Nana Hotel. You ain't gonna get this at the Dynasty, Marriot, or the Landmark! :yikes:

Archived