Finally, NP.Com upgrades! - Photo Gallery added

khunsanuk

I don't mind banners. After all, they do help support the site and I give preference to this site's sponsors where I can.

I would like to have a way of turning off the moving/flashing banners. They are really distracting. In my case, it is often to the point of me not being able to concentrate adequately to read the thread. :(

Don't know if others have this problem, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to make my point.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Afraid that I cannot add in an option to only exclude Flash banners. Only way I can stop them is by not allowing my advertisers to use them. Unfortunately for you, they are often more effective than normal banners which is why many companies prefer them.

Sanuk!

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Guests can see the pics in the General Thailand forum, they just can't do anything (upload, comment, rate).

And registered user cannot see nor comment pictures they have uploaded in other forums :(

Well, I do recall you saying that we would only be allowed to access these fora during a one week trial period, so I guess I shouldn`t whine :) And besides I could sign up for a membership.... :o

But is it just me who don`t see much point in allowing registered user to see/upload/comment pix in the General Thailand forum but not in the other fora?

I could understand if the nightlife forum was excluded - dont care about that anyway - but the rest?

Cheers

Hua Nguu

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Just fixed the option which allows Silver Members to switch of the sidebar (if they wish to). You can change the setting on the display preferences page under your My Home.

Options are display on the left or right, or turn it off (Silver Members only).

I'll try adding a similar feature to switch off the banners if people are interested.

Sanuk!

KS,

Thanks for this feature, well done.

As for banners, they help pay the board, I dont mind them......

RickFarang, if you are distracted by the flashing banners, press 'Esc' they'll stop flashing.......

BB

Hi,

"But is it just me who don`t see much point in allowing registered user to see/upload/comment pix in the General Thailand forum but not in the other fora?"

The reason I am allowing registered users to see one of the fora is to give them a taster of what to expect. Think of it as a sneakpeek.

Sanuk!

Archived