Finally, NP.Com upgrades! - Photo Gallery added

khunsanuk

Hi,

Well, it's been a long time in the coming, but we're finally ready to move to the new more integrated site. And with that come quite a few changes.

The biggest change is that we know have one authorization system for both the site and the board. This also means we now have more levels of users:

- guests, i.e. non-registered people

- users, i.e. people registered and logged in

- Silver Members, i.e. users who paid for a membership

The user levels will allow different levels of access. For guests and registered users there will be little difference, although registered users will have access to some additional content on the site.

For Silver Members there is quite a bit more though, the main ones of which are access to all the content on the site, access to the archives on the board and access to all the forums on the photo gallery (registered users will only be able to access the General Thailand forum).

Silver Members can also upload their own photos to this gallery.

The second big change is the way this board is moderated. Over the next few days we will reduce the number of Moderators and from then on they will all be anonymous. The new Moderators will consist of some of the current ones as well as some new recruits.

The main reason for this change is to remove the link between the Mod title and the person behind it, allowing those people to stand out less and be judged by their posts in a discussion and not by their 'badge'.

All members who paid for access to the member area of the main site will be given free Silver Membership upgrades. However as the usernames on the site and board are in many cases not the same, I would like to ask those people to please email me (include username on both site and board) and I will upgrade your account.

Some more changes are in the works, and while we think we have caught most of the bugs I would not at all be surprised if there are still some glitches here and there (and I would really appreciate an email or PM if you encounter one). We are aware that for instance the blogs are not yet working on the new server.

I'm also hoping that the people who agreed to write columns for us last year are still interested in doing so and will contact them soon. This should mean we can look forward to some new columns soon.

Finally, to give all of you a chance to decide for yourself if the new features are worth paying a little money for, the photo gallery will be accessible to registered users for free for 1 week (including uploading your own pics).

Sanuk!

PS Oh, the new URL for the site is http://board.nanaplaza.com/info/index.php/URL], which will likely be changed to something shorter soon. (The old one still works as well, btw; it just goes to the old site).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi KS,

I've noticed that the gogo ranking system isn't working yet, and you can't get through to the gogo reviews. You get "error connecting to localhost."

I know you and Jigger have done an awful lot of work on this, and it'll take a while before all the tweaks, kludges and hacks can be sorted out. So congrats on what you've achieved so far. :applause:

Hi,

Eyebee :

"I've noticed that the gogo ranking system isn't working yet"

Yes, the database that controls the ranking and review systems has not been moved over yet. We are aware of it and I am hoping to get that fixed this weekend.

Nervous_Dog :

"so whats a gold member ?"

We basically just left ourselves the option to introduce another level later on if need be.

"What will this show on my creditcard bill?"

Did a quick testrun for you:

Pay To: 		Thelix 
Subscription To: 		Silver Members (khunsanuk)
Subscription Terms: 		$39.99 USD for each year
Currency: 		U.S. Dollars Help
Amount Paid Today: 		$39.99 USD 

LaoHuLi mentioned a good point last night as well, I kinda forgot to add a link to the new photo gallery :o

So, while there is a link in the top menu, you can also access it by clicking here

Sanuk!

KS... yes here is definately a tab (Blue) on the new home page to the photo gallery, but no tab in what I am viewing now.

Also on the new home page, the sidebar normally populated by the google ads, is blank. (not that I am complaining about that part :neener:)

Hi,

"KS... yes here is definately a tab (Blue) on the new home page to the photo gallery, but no tab in what I am viewing now."

A tab? None of the pages have a tab for the photo gallery, just a link in the menu below the tabs (and that only for the pages which are under the 'Home' tab).

With homepage do you mean : http://board.nanaplaza.com/info/index.php ?

If so, there is no Google bar on that on the right, just 2 ads in the center.

Sanuk!

Archived