An ACTUAL way to help

itsmedave

A very good idea, just because most falangs has a bit bigger size then the Thai.

Threat your fellow guy, how you like to be treathed by another

Hang in there People, This is the worst thing that could happen to our paradise !!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would also suggest anybody going to the Airport, if you have any outerwear to spare; coats, jackets, sweaters or sweatshirts, bring them along and hand them out in the departures hall. Many survivors are returning to cold climants and have nothing warm to wear once they reach their destination. I would imagine that childrens sizes will be especially needed.

I am arriving on Saturday and plan to give the coat I wear from Boston away to whoever needs it.

David

Hi,

Well I for one am with Itsmedave on this one. Telling people to wear black for 3 days is *not* gonna make a damn bit of difference.

And from what I gather lots of people are buying black clothing now especially for this, wouldn't that money have been better spend on relief goods?

Sanuk!

I hope they don't get into trouble upon arriving home wearing nothing but a nanaplaza shirt...

Another thing, please let's not forget about those millions (yes millions!) who have become homeless throughout South East Asia. I think those people would be greatful as well to get some decent clothing plus they're undoubtedly in far more need.

Hospitals: clothes, shoes, counseling:

Wachira Phuket Hospital and other hospitals say there is an urgent need for shoes, shorts and T-shirts, especially in sizes large enough for foreigners.

Shoes are the priority right now. Many of the Thais and foreigners who were hit by the wave lost their shoes, with the result that many have foot injuries from walking or running on broken glass and other sharp objects.

Stores in Phuket have given many pairs of shoes, but most of these are in sizes suitable only for smaller people.

Any footwear large enough for foreigners is welcome; even rubber flip-flops would be a great help.

Many people have lost all or most of their clothes and need T-shirts or shorts to get by for a few days.

Donations may be taken direct to any of the major hospitals: Wachira Phuket, Phuket International; Patong Hospital; Mission Hospital; Bangkok Phuket Hospital.

Many victims are still walking around in a daze and; some have lost love ones or do not know where they are. Any person with the time to go to the hospitals and help is asked to do so. In some cases just hearing a calm voice amid the confusion can help.

Dave or other,

talking about a " basic equipment " which might be t-shirt , trousers, underwear, socks , shoes , probably one more t-shirt . if somebody goes out and buys this , what would be the price . 1200 Baht enough ? Per person . I am not talking about Gucci shoes , basic stuff from Pratunam or other.

BuBi

BB,

I can't remember the exact price, but I think it's much less than 1,200 pp. My wife went to Tesco and piled up on stuff like underwear, t-shirts and sandles. Nothing glamorous, but I'm sure much needed. Also, she bought a bunch of sarongs which seems like a great idea.

ESP Construction Company has been asked to urgently make 60cm x 40cm x 200cm (Falang

Size) wooden boxes (caskets). The

urgent need is for a boat soon to be on

the way from Phi Phi Island. The requirement is for 500 boxes. immediately. More

boats will be on the way from Khao Lak

also, so the demand will go up.

We have contacted our normal building materials suppliers and have gotten, donated,

at or below cost, some 100 sheets of 6mm

plywood and 2 x 4cm ruff cut wood.

It takes 1 1/2 sheets of plywood and 5 pieces of 2 x 4cm wood per box, so much more

are needed.

If other persons in the construction business can please contact their normal

suppliers of lumbar and try to get donated 6mm

plywood or plywood at reduced prices, this would help. ESP Construction will buy

what we need to

make up the rest at this time and wait for later donations or reimbursement. This

urgent need alone will stretch local

stocks, so Bangkok companies will be contacted tomorrow and any assistance with

Bangkok suppliers is

appreciated also.

Bradley E. Kenny

99/26-27 Charloem Phra Kiat Ror 9 Road

Ratsada, Muang, Phuket 83000

TEL: +(66-76) 354870

FAX: +(66-76) 354871

MOBILE: +(66-1) 6334279

At Pratunam...

T-Shirts 100 baht

Pants 200 baht

underwear 3 for 100

socks 4 for 100

shoes...sandals 200

tennis shoes 300 baht

total for your kit...maybe 600 - 700 baht

I carted over 80 articles of clothing to the hospital today. They were very appreciative. Seemed as though things were calmer today than they were yesterday. Probably most of those who will arrive have already done so. I sent a copy of my original message here to the Bangkok Post and Nation as a letter to the editor. If one of them prints it, than there should be more than enough clothing there.

Thanks to all of you who brought in items for the patients at my, or other hospitals. From what I've heard the more urgent need now, is cash money, and clothing sent to the affected area.

Archived