Football (soccer) Corner

Steve

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kman said:

Daylight Robbery ..

Couldn't have happened against a better bunch of players and manager ..

Cheers

K.

Kman, I was in tears from angst when the PKs were being kicked. Its Monday here and I still have a hoarse voice.

Sayjann, I and other gooners agree about Wenger's tactics. If its a one off tactic, then so be it. We got lucky and won. I hope we don't see that again. What a 36 y.o. striker is doing up front as a lone striker, I have no idea about. In hindsight if I was going to play 4-5-1 I would have had van Persie as the lone striker, Vieira, Silva and Edu in the middle of the 5 man midfield with Reyes and Pires on the wings. I'd have subbed off Lauren when it became evident he couldn't control Ronaldo and put on Eboue who has more pace and can also go forward much better than Lauren for a counter. Or even put on Freddie on the wing who has a great work rate. Fabregas doesn't have the pace or the skill to help out with Ronaldo. On the left, I'd have subbed off Cole for Clichy. Cole is too small to handle Rooney. Clichy is bigger and has pace and is tougher in the tackle than Cole.

Unless Man Yoo buys well in the summer I don't see a title out of them next season. Only having to beat one club (Arsenal) allows for a dip in the season but with 2 clubs (Arsenal and Chelsa) to overcome you have to have a near perfect season. I've said a long time, that since Roman has come into the picture a club will have to have no more than 2 or 3 losses and at least 90 + points to win the title and it has come to fruition so far. Us, going unbeaten and 91 points in '04, Chelsea, having 1 loss and 95 points this season. Because there are 3 clubs, you can't have dips any more, or that dip can only be for 2 games.

One of the best cup finals ever. (admittedly I've seen far less than most of you..hehe). I wanted Milan to win it before the game as I'm a petty bastard and wanted Arsenal to be the next english club to lift the trophy but I must say I grudgingly cheered for LFC when they came back. 3-0 down at the half and it was a joke and they seemed to confirming those that said they didn't belong in it.

Any club that comes back from a 3-0 half time scoreline deserves to win it and it would be unjust if they didn't.

Dudek made up for all past errors with his antics on the line for the PKs to unsettle the Milan players.

Congrats Bibblies, Lazyphil, and the rest of you 'Pool supporters who I can't think of at the moment, no disrespect just momentary memory loss on my part. As an Arsenal fan, I'm a little jealous but take comfort that Man Yoo and Chelsea fans are even more upset about it probably...hehehe

Congrats, well deserved!!!

:beer::up::yay::yeahthat:

:spin::yay::elephant::grinyes::chili::worship::yeahthat::beer::drunk:

Little test: Associate the following numbers with the following words:

Numbers: 0, 2, 5

Words: Arsenal, ManU, LIVERPOOOOOOOOOOL!

:yay: Football comes home. Gerrard and Carragher overcome Kaka and Dida. There you saw our spirit. And World Cup 2006 is going to England!!!!

Very pleased that I didn't head for home to watch it when Cowboy was closing down as I would have given up and gone to bed at half-time and missed all the fun.

Well done to SD for suggesting a few more nightcaps and some supper instead, though I had moved to coffee as the penalties approached as the early start (3.30 pm) in the Square was catching up with me fast. What a great day though, much fun in WS, Soi 33, Akane and Cowboy. Our newbie friend Kappa has been well and truly initiated over the last 3 days!!!

Great win for Liverpool.

I don't usually watch soccer but i decided to look at last nights match and it was sensational.

I don't know how they won but they did.

The goalkeeper deserves a bonus after that performance.

Great win

over here in bangkok, nearly all the thai people i know, put their hard earned on liverpool at odds of about 3/1 to win game.

hence the reason why they were down 3 - 0 at HT, they hd the expectations of most thai people behind them.

jokes aside, down at half time, no one wouls of expected what has to happen.

Good to see, they have a huge following wordwide, and hope they go one with if.

cheers and all the best

Arkutha

Archived