Football (soccer) Corner

Steve

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fergie told Glazer he wants to rebuild around a nucleus of Rooney, Ronaldo, and Fletcher. With less money to spend on expensive transfers, he is going to have to be astute in his talent evaluation like Arsene Wenger has been picking up talents like Van Persie on a limited budget.

Now it looks like Liverpool is interested in Crouch from Southhampton and has offered them 5 million quid. Crouch is a very unique physical specimen to say the least. With Baros on his way out, Crouch would compliment Morrientes and Cisse in a three striker rotation.

ALHOLK will be happy.

the Swedish Ladies knocked out the English Ladies from the Womens European Champoinships...... :down:

i watched the Game and was impressed with the standard of Play.

i often watch Womens Football and do enjoy it,sometimes they seem to have more passion and commitment then the Men.

Sweden got the early Goal and as much as England huffed and puffed there was no joy.

a couple of nice Swedes were playing (including the Goalscorer) and i will be watching them again.......just to drool.... :hubba:

a shame that the English are out though as they had a very cute Centre Forward..... :grinyes:

a 19 y.o. Black Girl (whose name i cannot pronounce or spell) whose body was very fine........ :chili:

Belem, the problem for Fergie is that he hasn't shown to have the same ability to unearth gems like Wenger has. Fergie has usually paid for known talent (17 mil for RVN, 30 mil for Rio, 28 mil for Rooney). He has a spotty record on unearthed gems. A few good ones in Heinze and Howard perhaps but with the likes of Bellion, Kleberson, Djemba Djemba and Fortune as evidence he will struggle in this aspect of the transfer market. Wenger is the master of this type of buying, bar none. Has probably the best eye for talent in Europe. Henry, Vieira, van Persie, Fabregas, Anelka, etc. the list goes on and on. There have been a few duds, but by and large he's won 3 titles with players that escaped the radar.

On another note, America has by far the hottest female footballer on the planet. Her name is Heather Mitts but you can call her the future Mrs. Chocolat Steve

Forgot to congratulate America's U20 team that beat Argentina 1-0 in the group stages. A huge win. Argentina are 4 times winners of the competition and are a world power in youth footie. Our youth teams are doing well and this may suggest that we may become a truly good country in football in a few years. We gave the Brazilians all they could handle last time out, leading 1-0 before losing 2-1.

Everyone's worst nightmare may happen. The U.S. becoming a world power in football/soccer!! hahaha...only FIFA wants that to happen (and U.S. fans here). My guess is the rest of the world doesn't really want us to do well. Its the vibe I pick up from talking to other fans around the world.

We get chided for not playing a sport that the world is playing and viewed as arrogant but if we do pick it up as a country, they fear the quality of athletes and money we can throw at the sport. Just my take on it.

Archived