Football (soccer) Corner

Steve

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Limbo, van Basten has said that van Persie has made a 180 degree turnaround and he thanks Wenger and Arsenal for it. van Persie was called up to the national team and came off the bench. He said his attitude has changed.

I'm not sure if it was van Basten or someone else but they thought he had more potential than Robben and was the best player of his age group in terms of raw talent.

My guess is he'll emerge as Henry's partner up front and push Reyes to the wing.

The only thing I think that he needs to develop is a right foot. He maneuvers to favor his left and its his one glaring weakness. Other than that he's quality.

They aired the England v. Finland womens game here. I really like (and not just her footballing skills) one of the girls on your team. Akulo or something like that. I'd love to swap shirts with her. :hubba:

How about sending her over here for a 'friendly'?

You got van der Sar on a 2 year deal, fee undisclosed but I hear its about 3 million gbp. You are also getting Park from PSV. 3 million I hear as well. He's a playmaking center midfielder.

England won the Columbia friendly. Hattrick by Owen. Think it was 3-1. Cole played great. Joe, not Ash.

Your women's team beat Finland 3-2 in a '79 cup kinda finish. A 17 y.o. won it at the end for you guys, after you were up 2-0 at half time and Finland came back and equalized and I am in love with one of your strikers.

yeah, Eng-Col was 3-2.

Park to Man U??? I thought this wasn't a done deal yet.

Are you sure Choco Steve???

Seems my Benfica got Koeman as the next coach. Hmm.. let's see how things work out. Think he'll do OK though.

i know that MU have put in a bid for him but he has not decided what to do next.

he is very influenced by Hiddink and says he will wait until he gets back from the WC Games and seek his advice.

but he seems to be happy in Holland and PSV had a very successful Season.

Not a done deal as everyone has to wait till July 1st I think when the window officially opens but from what I've read and from what I've heard from manyoo fans, the fee and wages are pretty much agreed upon and its just a matter of time. He may be happy at PSV but an opportunity to play for a major club won't be passed up. When the major clubs come calling you have to take the opportunity. More money, bigger exposure, bigger matches.

I understand we're all but finalized the signing of Belorus winger Alexander Hleb from Stuttgart. Chelsea have made a late hour interest in the player. Why am I not surprised? No reports of them ever being interested in the player, or tracking him or have contacted the club, but now they're interested? Same for Reyes. They made an 11th hour bid right out of the blue for him the day we were finalizing our bid. Sevilla was offered more money but saw it for what it was: a tactic and not serious interest.

Archived