Football (soccer) Corner

Steve

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the premier league coverage like in Thailand? I'm moving to Bangkok with my job in a few weeks, and am interested to find out what to expect next season.

Are there any particular bars in Bangkok where people go to watch the football?

manutd said:

What is the premier league coverage like in Thailand? I'm moving to Bangkok with my job in a few weeks, and am interested to find out what to expect next season.

Are there any particular bars in Bangkok where people go to watch the football?

sorry, Thai people don't like to watch football :liar:

serious, you can watch nearly in every bar! :beer:

With all this talk of bars having to close at midnight how will that affect next season? I'm guessing that noon kickoffs in the UK are on at 7pm in Bangkok, 3pm's are on at 10pm, and 5pm's are on at midnight.

Don't worry about bar closings. You'll be able to watch games. All games. They are every where, not just in bars. In hotel rooms as well. All over. The time difference is something you have to deal with but so do I here in the states. Noon kickoffs are 4am where I am.

manutd

Last season, UBC were showing every single Premier League game in full, though obviously not all live. Virtually every Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd game was shown live. Thai TV will often pick up Man Utd games too. They also showed all the Champions League games.

To add insult to injury, and I am sure you will be gutted to hear this, they also broadcast MUTV on one of their previously empty channels, including live reserve matches - I saw Man Utd v Sunderland reserves one strange, almost hallucinogenic, morning!

Archived