Orphans in Indonesia

Lusty

I heard on the radio that some organised crime gangs in Indonesia are looking for children orphaned by the tsnumi to possibly sell on into the sex trade.Apparantly some txt messeges and Emails have been intercepted.

Any news in the Nation/Bkk post on this.

What is wrong with these people :(.

yea, news this morning in the US reported about the text messages, and interviewed some UN and Unicef folks about this problem. Also in the news is a boy in Thailand that was kidnapped out of a Thai hospital by what is reported as a European man...with the boy's father and grandfather searching for him. This is unfortunally being reported as a "typical child sex slave kidnapping that is common in Thailand" (reporter's words not mine!).

Heard about these disgusting animals taking advantage of this tragedy on the news myself a couple days ago. I cannot imagine a human being being so low. Slow horribly painful torture should be instituted for these vile creatures whenever they are caught. To do this to children any time is bad enough. To use this natural disaster to take advantage of these suffering kids is just about the worst thing I've ever heard of. Truly evil does exist on this planet. These people have no hearts and souls. They deserve the worst we can possibly make them suffer.

Cent

Gentlemen,

I thoroughly agree with what's been said in this thread. And should I encounter one of these individuals I would be first to slice them slowly.

But speaking as a father who has children of asian descent, I've got to try and put a stop to this "all men are predators" idea that has become part of the western media's tool box.

Whilst I'm sure that examples of "predators" taking advantage of disaster situations do exist, I have to say that this report of the Swedish boy being abducted, smacks of NGO funding alarm.

When I first saw this story, I was sceptical, doctors "may" have seen this boy picked up by a dark haired foreigner. Doctors are "not sure" it was this boy. But the media and the UN/Unicef/NGO people have blown this story up for all it's worth. Even here in NZ we had a "against trafficking" representative who operates locally (yes in NZ, that hive of slavery) promoting the prevalence of sophisticated smooth talking predators on every street corner.

And before we go much further I must report that Australian TV News has just reported that the Swedish boy being abducted, now appears to be a case of mistaken identity. The doctors spoken to are now backing away from this boy being the one they saw. So this now appears to be a child missing as a result of a natural disaster.

I earlier saw the boys father saying, that when you have a missing child, the suggestions of slavery and paedophilia have to be taken seriously. Now I wonder who was suggesting these ideas to him, on the basis of some doctors possibly seeing his boy. I hope they can sleep at night. It's bad enough that your child is missing without some do-gooder suggesting something more awfull has happened.

NGO funding alarm? this is what happens when ever an NGO or similar body wishes to raise the profiles of the various situations that need funding, hysterical reporting of child trafficking seems to be the latest.

And related to this, I see that Australia has just announced an Aus$ 1.8 billion package (over 5 years) for Indonesia. And the kicker? No NGOs, No UN, No middlemen. It will be a fund set up and controlled by the PM of Aus and the President of Indonesia, for distribution directly to those who need it. Now why would they do that?, lack of confidence in the NGO's etc is my guess.

So gentlemen, I'm not wanting to inflame debate about the rights and wrongs of the world, merely thinking that this "beat up" of a story needs to be brought into perspective.

Cheers

Coss

No idea about Iindonesia, but the story here for the last few days was the 12 year old swedish boy stolen, I think same as Coss writes about,

Turns out the man who brought the kids into the hospital is adimant he never had the boy inquestion, and he, a good samaritan that went around helping these people was the person accussed in the media of "Kidnapping" the swedish boy.

Turns out sadly the kid may have never made it at all.

DOG

Archived