The Car

BadaBing

Nervous_Dog said:

I am sure, however these are middle of the range, Camry is quite high level car in Thailand, these are new Civics and new Altis, not a Nissan Sunny or honda City level.

DOG

Won't go into how high a level a car a Camry is in Thailand, but they are just the next step up from the level you are discussing.

My point was there are many cars in Thailand with heaters. As pointed by other poster, they are often left off the budget level cars to make them cheaper (and an Altis is a budget car). I drive an Altima (Nissan), comparable to the Altis, and it does not have a heater either.

TH

Hi,

>>>The consumer saves money because the manufacturer does not have to install a bunch of parts. Common in Hawaii as well.<<<

Never saw that before. I've rented quite a few cars (and owned many) over the decades I've been here, and always had a heater. What don't have heaters here, are houses. Not unless a custom built job. And it does get cold here. I'm wearing a 'south pole' fleece lined jacket as I type this. It's only a few months out of the year, but the upperlaying area's do get cold. Not too uncommon for Mililani or Wahiawa towns to get into the 40's (F) at night.

Of course it snows on the Big Island, so sure as shit need a heater there, if working or skiing on Mauna Lani or Mauna Kea. ::

HT

Maybe not anymore, especially with labor costs far exceeding parts. But I was into collecting 50-60's American high performance cars. It was not too unusual for those vehicles to be found with heater delete option and you could generally track their originating dealer to Hawaii (or a military PX order). Of course, heater deletes could also be found on some old muscle cars to save weight for racing!

Oh, & I was a manufacturing R&D engineer for Ford for 10 years...

Cheers,

SD

Archived