The Car

BadaBing

Nervous_Dog said:

Have a go at renting one and find out - or next itme look at a taxi.

Hot air via engine is standard in Aus cars as we dont get that cold. You can tell by the dial going to "Red Section"

Nothing like that here in the cars I've rented (all new models)

DOG

You of course realize that the models you are renting are the budget level compact cars and it is true they tend not have full temperature range a/c systems. If you move up to the Accord/Camary level or above you will find that ?red? temperature section you are looking for.

TH

Zaad said:I'm definitely no car expert but can't you simply use the hot engine air? I would have thought that every car has this kind of heating.
Normally they use the coolant water run through a small heat exchanger found in the passenger compartment. But in hot climates, all manufacturers offer a heater delete credit option. The consumer saves money because the manufacturer does not have to install a bunch of parts. Common in Hawaii as well.

Cheers,

SD

.... ah, just the mention of a patch of black ice, or a snow drift ... I admit that I actually miss such phenomenon ....

but, the mere mention evokes thoughts of cooling off that in a month or two, we'll all be begging for!

... with the linebacker in the back seat, things can heat up in a hurry! ... ah, will he be able to run in the snow? ... that is the question that keeps me awake!

Archived