Comming to UK

Old Hippie

A friend of mine is so fucking desparate, he is thinking of comming to UK for a long weekend to meet up with some Filipina girl...who happens to frequent his home town, and lives in London...so he needs to know where to stay on the cheap but respectable, and where to eat anticipated costs of drinks, meals, lodging entertainment any pointers you can give, my friend thanks you all. I will be there later on this winter or spring, for a speaking tour with Fiery Jack, and a book signing at the swiller's arms. Thanks-OH

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Bring the girl up to Cambridge for a day and take her punting on the river Cam on 'the backs' (you will see many of your country folk here, good or bad for you?!), we drive and punt on the left here dont forget, and watch out for the pikies, they'll have your gold Buddha chain fast given half a chance. You might be here for a Thai night party :: :drunk::banghead:

Hi OH.

give details of when and where he will be visiting and i'm sure advice will be given.

your post was vague.

let us know if you come,i'm sure many of us in the UK would like to get together with you for a beer.

forget that silly old fool SLH,he is not the typical Brit...... :rolleyes:

well, "my friend" will be there maybe the weekend of the 29th in order to meet up with a girl he met here...sadand pathetic I admit, that he must travel this far...but if you saw him, you'd understand... He needs a good cheap hotel, well located, something he can take the "bird" to and some basic price in, for where to eat, drink etc on the cheap, he is a bit broke at the moment...

London is not cheap and with the US$ at almost 2-1 its even more expensive

He might try Priceline for a hotel deal ,

the cheap places travelers stay in with the bathroom down the hall are 20-30 UKP

I usually have fish + chips but its 4 quid now

there is always Mc Donalds etc or Pizza Hut for lunch

Pubs might be the place for your beer and cheap eats,

Plus if he is going now I am sure its much colder than the bay area,

I just hope she is worth the trouble :)

OC

try this link

http://www.hotels-london-hotel.com/hotels/2star/

as OC says,London is not cheap.

don't know if 'your friend' knows London but most places are easily accessable with the Underground system.

London is not like Thailand in the respect of GF or non GF friendliness,but better to book a double and let the hotel know he will be meeting the GF and book her in as well.

then there shouldn't be any problems.........hopefully.

Hi Sayjann,

what sort of hotels do you recommend to innocent (?) americans, some of these don't even have toilets and showers in every room! ::

If we move up one star web page there's at least a decent hotel where I stayed many times - St Giles!

:beer:

elef

Archived