Comming to UK

Old Hippie

i have stayed at the St Giles myself in the past and a good location but expensive.

OH was asking about 'cheap' Hotels and i posted a link which shows a myriad of different types of places to stay.

a £40 Hotel might not have a toilet and a £80 one will,but i don't see the point in paying double the price just for a toilet.

is it a priority to Americans to have a toilet in the room?,not able to slum it for a while and take that short walk down a corridor to relieve yourselves?.......

just piss out the window like others..... :yikes:

up to his friend wether he wants a cheap Hotel with no en-suite facilities or wants to pay double the price just for the privilige of walking 3 feet to have a piss.

but the Regent Palace Hotel in Piccadilly Circus is cheap(but no toilet)and in a very good location.

foyer full of lovely ladies(don't bother though)and only 1 Minutes walk from the finest kebab takeaway in London.....

:tophat:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sayjann,

you're correct, I answered your post and didn't remember OHs original post :: alzheimer light (I hope). I think St Giles is around 70 pounds but the last years it has been full every time I just walked in. Instead I stay(ed) at "my hotel" (that's the name guys) just a few hundred meters away - but the price is really high. Else I can recommend Strand Palace Hotel - about the same price as St Giles if you're lucky and may also include their american breakfast. ::

elef

Why doesn't he move further afield, most outer towns are commuteable, i.e. Croydon (south), Dartford (east), Woking (Westish) and Watord (north). All have good quality marriott-type hotels for around 50 quid a night, ok there's probably another tenner to get there on public transport, but its worth it IMHO....

Thanks for all the recomendations... "my friend" will be meeting up with a Girl who lives there. So I think the idea is for him to have some privacy, and not have to go walking down the hall for a leak or a shower (or a wank if she doesn't come across)...I think $100-150 is the range (

USD).

Hi BB,

your alternative isn't cheaper than those hotels recommended by Sayjann or me - if London (not 1 hour or more outside) the prices are 80/90 pounds weekdays and 70/80 weekends.

my home (near Bedford Sq) I recommended before is between 200-300 but one of the best hotels in London.

elef

I stayed in a cheap London hotel last year. There was a wash-basin in the room but water was dripping from it onto the carpet. I telephoned reception and said, "Sorry to bother you, but I've gotta leak in my sink." The receptionist feller replied, "You might as well, mate. The last bloke did a shit in it."

I'm not saying the room was tiny, but I put the key in the lock and smashed the window...

jack :help:

Archived