No Alcohol Before 5pm?

Zaad

Fatbastard said:

Assuming That lotus know the rules, you can buy alcohol during these hours but only in 10 Lit (or more) quantities. Lotus are quite happy to sell me a carton of beer but not a single bottle of wine. Was told I had to buy 10 of the same type to "qualify"

Same as Foodland. They say its because they have a wholesale licence as well as a retail one.

So, you cant get drunk retail but they can do it for you wholesale. :beer: :beer: :beer:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't buy it from 7-11 or the bigger places. JUst go to the smaller mom n pop places. I'll bet they sell it when ever they are open.
You are right. Or at least I know of two examples near my condo where you are right, which just shows how silly this law is. The 7-11s and bigger places are much less likely to sell alcohol to minors than the mom n pop places.

And I just can't see how prohibiting the sale of alcohol to everyone irrespective of age between 2 pm and 5 pm is going to prevent teenage drinking. Talk about a radical disconnect between policy and policy objective.

On the other hand, since I rarely buy alcohol during those hours - I discovered the rule when I tried to buy some wine while grocery shopping at 3 in the afternoon - it doesn't really affect me. I am bothered by dumb rules, but in this case the rule is so dumb that it is amusing.

Reminds me of H.M. the King's Birthday.

We were driving around East Pattaya ... felt like a brew, stopped and one little store said "sorry, no way today" ...

a couple of kms around the bend and I spotted a couple of farangs downing some Changs ... stopped, and no problem ... Singhas to go!

Yeah, stick to the small stores ... and, easier in the countryside!

Archived