Feeling hungover, but no alcohol ?

gobbledonk

Hi All,

At the risk of sounding like a hypocondriac, I seem to have something other than skin cancer to worry about ::

I'm not sure if I am copping the odd touch of food poisoning or what, but its bloody weird when you wake up with many of the symptoms of a hangover (or a bad head cold, take your pick), without having had a drop in the week prior:

- headache

- tired and listless

- difficult concentrating

- slight 'wobbliness' when I stand up

- sore joints

If it were a head cold, I'd expect to have the blocked nose etc, but there is none of that - I just generally feel like shit. To add insult to injury, I've even had it on a weekend, so I dont think its an allergy to work - just doesnt make work terribly enjoyable.

The worst part is when I wake up, absolutely convinced that I've had a night on the turps, with none of the happy mammaries, er, memories which accompany such a night :(

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oz has lots of lethal snakes and spiders, a bite you got asleep

LOL ! Contrary to my comments re 'Hicksville', we dont sleep in cots out in the scrub ! If I had been bitten by anything serious, I wouldnt be sitting here typing this.

My guess is mild food-poisoning - we've all felt pretty shitty after a kebab the night before, havent we ? Mine had sour cream, so that could easily be the culprit.

You could be coming down with the initial stages of [color:"blue"] dengue fever. [/color]

You should go to a doctor and tell him you have been around mosquitos, etc. and could have been exposed to dengue fever.

If you tell the doctor you have been to Thailand but forget to mention dengue fever, he probably will not check for it. Doctors, for the most part, are not familiar with tropical diseases. :stirthepo

I could not work out from your post whetehr this was a "one off" or a recurring (i.e. you said some weekends, i think). If this has been going on some time (over weeks), its unlikely to be dengue or ross river which would resolve one way or the other in a coupel of weeks (i.e. 2) max.

However, if this is ongoing (several weeks) I *would* get checked out and also be clear to your doc that you have traveled overseas. For a recurrent fever, malaria sounds more in the picture than dengue/ross. However, on your symptoms, there could be another 50 things that fit the bill!!

get checked out.

-j-

Archived