Feeling hungover, but no alcohol ?

gobbledonk

Rest assured Jack - you arent the only middle-aged man who suffers from said malaise, old son.

We have a long history of running off with younger women ( :: ), buying a sports car ( :: ) and topping ourselves ( :( ).

Anything that stops us from reaching the latter 'objective' has to be a good thing - no matter how grey today is, I always want to see what dawn looks like tomorrow. ::

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Bushpilot - the removal of my carcinoma (see Skin Cancer thread) has also removed my other symptoms. Unless you normally sleep on your back, I cant recommend having a wound on your head - trying to get to sleep really sucks, but I feel better for having had it removed.

If the 'hangover' returns, I'll definitely see a doctor.

Hey, if you are having frequent bouts of diarrhea, definitely try the rehydration salts. Many of the symptoms you describe may be the result of being dehydrated or having an eloectrolyte imbalance ... the salts (cheap!) may very well help.

If that doesn't work, ask your family physician to test you for Lyme Disease - Western blot blood test.

Jesus, Pete - 'Lyme disease' ? I felt better when I thought it was just old age catching up with me !

To be fair, a lot of the 'panic' stems from the fact that I've had a pretty good run to date. I have never had any of the following:

- measles, mumps, chicken pox

- tonsilitis, appendicitis, 'problem' wisdom teeth

I have never even broken a bone, despite the usual array of sports and ratbaggery as a kid.

I mention these, because it seems that everyone has had at least one of these problems as a child. Add my HIV scare (the threads in here somewhere), and I was feeling pretty damned invulnerable.

Whatever my parents (many) faults, they seem to have passed on a solid set of genes (pale skin notwithstanding, Dad...), so it concerns me when something does manage to raise its ugly head ::

BTW, am I the only one who would immediately run out and accumulate as much debt as possible on hearing that I had a terminal illness ? How do they stop people from doing that in our credit-crazy society ?

artiew said:

BTW, am I the only one who would immediately run out and accumulate as much debt as possible on hearing that I had a terminal illness ? How do they stop people from doing that in our credit-crazy society ?

555! :)

From Jack Handy:

"When I die, I want people to say- 'Hey, that guy owed me a lot of money''

Archived