Feeling hungover, but no alcohol ?

gobbledonk

Khun_Kong said:
josh_ingu said:>am I the only one who would immediately run out and accumulate as much debt as possible o
josh_ingu said:Help me, please, before my words get cutoff early aga
JI- Hope your server gets right again soon. :)
It prolly karma for gagging me again on that other board! Or maybe he just fell asleep. He does that at inopportune times, I hear LOL :neener:

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi KK,

The paranoid in me says that physicians take an oath to pass on details of terminal illnesses, even non-contagious versions, to the relevant arm of Big Brother. I'm sure credit agencies have access to this data (they'd deny it in court, of course ...), and things like increased spending would throw up a red flag.

My paranoia wasnt helped when I took a redundancy 2 years ago, and spent 3 months trying to find another job. A mere 4 weeks into my 'enforced layoff', I open the door to find my local bank manager - a grey little man who previously hadnt spoken to me, socially or otherwise.

Despite the fact that I hadnt missed a single payment on my home, the bank's systems must have alerted him to fact that the money wasnt coming in via EFT from my (previous) employer. He wasnt prepared to come right out and say 'Lost your job ?', and I didnt volunteer anything, so it ended with him repeating 'Just give me a call if there is anything we can help you with'. Short of a cash donation, I couldnt think exactly what that 'something' might be, but he went back to increasing the fees on pensioners accounts and left me to own devices.

bllody hell. Not again. For some reason my server at work really hangs when posting on here. Sigh.

The original point was that most people do not run up huge debts because their remaining assets are needed for family (spouse/kids). Dying and leaving (deliberately) huge debts for your family to shoulder is beyond what most people consider responsible behaviour.

Having said that in the case of, shall we say a single person with *no* family who could be held responsible, well thats a different case.

-j-

a single person with *no* family who could be held responsible, well thats a different case.

Ta-da ! I'm not sure how easily I could put my impending demise to the back of my mind as I jetted off to Asia for the 'holiday of a lifetime' (!), but it would have to beat sitting around at home waiting for the end

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

Archived