gobbledonk

josh_ingu said:

I could not work out from your post whetehr this was a "

josh_ingu said:

josh_ingu said:

josh_ingu said:

"Help me, please. Somebody is forcing me to repeatedly hit the "OK Submit" button "

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep with those symptoms it could one of so many things that it would just be wild speculation from anyone here.

Go and see a professional and have a full blood count.

And you could also go on a health binge for a few weeks, veggie juices, vitamins, healthy food, exercise etc

I'm not sure if I am copping the odd touch of food poisoning or what, but its bloody weird when you wake up with many of the symptoms of a hangover (or a bad head cold, take your pick), without having had a drop in the week prior

I get exactly the same frequently... only difference is I do consume copious amounts of alcohol in the evenings.. Hope you're feeling better soon.

When I gave up booze completely :( for an extended period in 2003-4 (okay, okay, it was a few months, anyway... :rolleyes:) I was alarmed to find that I still felt like shite when I woke up every morning :o i.e. aches and pains, headaches, furred tongue, fatigue, depression, lethargy, skull full of cotton wool. :p

Turned out that a lot of what I had for so long assumed to be alcoholic 'hangover symptoms' were in fact just the standard wear-and-tear crap that comes with being middle aged. :doah:

Armed with this alarming new self-knowledge, I soon started drinking heavily again :drunk: (gonna do the time: might as well do the crime :up:) and have quite simply never looked back. :beer:

Hope that's helpful. :)

jack :help:

When I gave up booze completely for an extended period in 2003-4 (okay, okay, it was a few months, anyway... ) I was alarmed to find that I still felt like shite when I woke up every morning i.e. aches and pains, headaches, furred tongue, fatigue, depression, lethargy, skull full of cotton wool.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're gonna feel all day." - Dean Martin.

Thanks, Jack and Red - I wondered how long it would take for the board's resident wits to leap on this thread ::

I doubt that it is Dengue / Ross River : the symptoms ascribed to these two are much more severe than what I've had. Maybe Jack's right - I *am* getting old, so why fight it ?

ND, for what its worth, I'm having the surgery on the carcinoma on Tuesday - once thats out of the way, I fully intend getting rolling drunk and propositioning fat, matronly women (sadly, they seem to be the only single gals of legal age in this burg)

:elephant:

Arty,

Actually, and incredibly, I wasn't trying to be smartarsed and/or witty (for once...). :nono: I am serious: when I'm 'on the wagon' I still wake up feeling like shit nine days out of ten. :( What I'd been ascribing to overindulgence for years turn out to be unpleasant physical and psychological conditions bordering on malaise that have, it appears, in fact nothing to do with how much ale I've supped the previous evening.

Just an observation, but an honest one. :)

Hope all turns out well for you with the surgery and whatnot. All the best, mate. :hug:

jack :help:

PS. Red, I thought it was the intemperate Mr Humphrey Bogart :applause: who made that quotation? Either way, pretty astute. :drunk:

Archived