flamingo hotel PP?

thai3

This looks like a good place, apart from the horrid pink all over the website. I wonder what the pics of the girls suggests, on tap maybe? Anyone stayed there yet? I love staying at new hotels maybe try this one if paying a visit to PP. Is it khmer owned though?, don't like putting money into falang owned place-peter

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bibblies said:
thai3 said:

I love staying at new hotels...

I've never seen you give a good review to one yet. Just curious - has there been one to satisfy you?

I agree that thai3's criteria for a passing grade often exceeds the norm, but in this case it might pass.

Flamingos Hotel is a new boutique property in the middle of the late night action, half a block from Heart of Darkness on 172 St at 51 St. There are 2 bars, including a Roof Top one with great views of Phnom Penh and a free pool table, a good small restaurant, and a beautiful decor feauring natural teak wood and laterite. 65 channel cable TV, mini bar, good showers (a few rooms have tubs) and free DSL in the lobby. Business rooms are being developed that will include DSL in the room.

Free airport and harbour shuttle as well as a complimentary light breakfast is included, making this the best value in PP at the moment IMO. Room rates are $20 to $30 and there is a 20% discount for NanaPlaza Members if you mention it when booking.

Sorry, the staff are not available options, (but what they do on their own time is up to them), but Shanghai Bar accoss the street has 30 hostesses and freelancer pickup is available 24/7 at the Walkabout just around the corner. Heart of Darkness, and Howies Bar provide lots of late night action (I got home at 5am the other night) and there are new little bars opening weekly on "The Strip". The Flamingos Hotel IS guest friendy, of course.

The Hotel is Khymer family owned, but fear not, there is Western management. This includes yours truly, who took over as General Manager last week. :wave:

So, if you are looking for real value in a new, clean and convenient location give us a try. Don't forget to mention Nanaplaza when you book and I'll knock 20% of the regular rates. Or just drop by and we'll have a :beer: on the rooftop. Hope to see many of you soon. :bow:

(my apologises for the pink tint on some of the web photos, they are not my work, but I will get them corrected)

The place looks quite nice...as seen on your website http://www.flamingos.com.kh. In looking for the site, I notice that a few websites listed the web address incorrectly, using 'flamingo' rather than 'flamingos'. I may try it next time I spend a month in Cambo. One question...as anyone gets a 20% discount by just booking online...if I book online and _then_ mention "Nanaplaza", will I get an additional discount? ;-) Also, a minor correction to the site...you list that you have four rooms types but only show prices for three.

LaoHuli wrote: ..<snipped>..

"Free airport and harbour shuttle as well as a complimentary light breakfast is included, making this the best value in PP at the moment IMO. Room rates are $20 to $30 and there is a 20% discount for NanaPlaza Members if you mention it when booking."

LaoHuli wrote:..."Free airport and _harbour_ shuttle "

Wow...does that mean you'll arrange a free pickup from the Sihanoukville harbor??? I'm asking these questions before posting details on another board.

Regardless...I wish you success in your new position.

Archived