Who remembers The Joker's Thailand website?

carew66

The Joker. Not the crap song nor the Batman baddie, but a website dedicated to the pleasures of Thailand. I came across it about 4 years ago, before I discovered nanaplaza.com.

We were talking about the site last night and having a good old chuckle - ah, fond memories. I just googled for 'Joker Thailand' and I see that there are one or two orphaned pages still floating around out there but unfortunately that is all that remains.

My recollection of this site is rather hazy but it was rather good in a crazy way. I think the Joker was Swiss and was quite a young chap. It was difficult to tell really as any photograph of himself placed on his site always featured a badly superimposed jester's head complete with three pointed hat with bells on.

The best way to read it was when you were slightly drunk or at 420. There was no real structure that I could detect so you were led on a mad ramble around Thailand with this (good humoured) dude. Links were spread around willy-nilly and it was by following one of them that I first read of the Thermae Coffee Shop in both of its incarnations.

Come to think of it, I believe that I happened across this site as a result of that one.

Anybody know this guy? What was it all about?

Hi,

Well, seeing that the first incarnation of that site was a complete (word-for-word) copy of my site, I doubt I'll soon forget it. Can't say I was sorry to see it taken down though.

Never met Dr.Joker (although I think Stick did), but had quite a few emails with him. My impression was that the guy was a total headcase.

Sanuk!

LOL! Headcase! Yep - that was the word I was searching for I think. I bet Stick had a good night...

It was so shambolic though that it would never have been a rival to this site. Wasn't it freehosted as well i.e bandwidth allowed 3.5 visitors per month.

The cartoon/picture collages were my favourite. They made no sense either. Doctor Evil and all that. Crazy.

Funny you brought this subject up. That was the very 1st Thailand site I discovered while surfing for info years ago. I remember him mentioning BG7 & the squawking bird. Also he had a link to Stick's site , from there Stick mentioned this site , and I finally found a happy home here :grinyes:

Bada :beer: Bing

Archived