Irish man to appear in Thai court over murder

Fidel

I hope this guy actually makes it to jail unlike the guy from I believe it was Belgium who stabbed his Thai girlfriend like 40 times and left her to die in his condo. Also in Pattaya. He was arrested and released on bond. The Thai authorites held his passport but he still managed to get out of the country. He fled back to his homeland. Since the Thai authorites don't have an extradition treaty with Belgium he basically got away with murder.

I absolutely agree, and he is bragging about it too.

Plus he fucked it up for all future farang to get out on bond......

BB

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chelseafan said:...if the killer has enough cash to bribe his way out of jail, this IS the best place to do the dirty deed
Naw, this fellow looks to be just another skint loser that Pattaya seems to attract (why?). He is blaming it on not taking his meds...must be watching too many legal cases in the USA :: :cussing::skull: .

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=1330201&issue_id=12018

Farrell claimed the dead man had owed him money - around ?400 - since last June and that he wanted it back. He claimed Mr Brennan had 'picked' on him and he had 'exploded'.

However, locals who witnessed the stabbing said there appeared to be an argument over a taxi fare and then a change of price of a hotel room.

They said Mr Brennan had been sitting on a stool watching television when he came under attack.

Farrell told police he was being treated for depression but had been without his medicine for 10 days and blamed his behaviour on this.

Guest lazyphil

maybe hes one of the irish pikeys that plauge my neck of the woods, one murdered a man in a pub last year, but nobody will testify in court because they will get lynched by their mob who almost live above the law here. a young pikey was killed a month ago and the family were up in arms the police were not doing enough to catch the perp, my understanding is they dont pay any taxes on their 'work', they should be grateful the police did eventually catch the killer!

...its too bad that it wasn't settled in an "Irish" way, with the deceased being shot in the kneecap

eh... that doesn't actually happen outside the six counties in the north... and even then, it's an IRA thing.

The latest trend by the way is to shoot the victim through both hands while they are clapsed together prayer style..

::

Below is a more detailed account from the Pattaya People:

[color:"green"]

Irishman stabbed in bar and dies in hospital

31th January:Irish citizen Mr. Ernest Gregory Brennan, 45, was stabbed twice, first in the back of his neck and then in his back by another Irishman, Mr. Patrick Oliver Farrell, 61

The stabbing took place at 01.30 am on the 31st January at "Jimmy's Place" located on the Second Road in Pattaya City. Ernest Brennan was rushed to Pattaya International Hospital in Sos 4, just 500mtrs from the bar, but later died from his injuries.

According to 4 eye witnesses Farrell walked up behind Ernest Brennan, who was sitting on a bar chair, grabbed him by the hair and stabbed him in the back of his neck. Brennan fell forward onto the bar. Farrell then stabbed him one more time in the back. Farrell tried to flee, but local Thai men sitting nearby over powered and detained Farrell until the police came to arrest him.

Eyewitnesses said that the murder weapon, a brand new knife, still had a price label on. Farrell later told the police that he had bought the knife for 69 Thai baht in a "Tops Supermarket" on the corner of Central Road and Second Road in Pattaya about 300 meters from "Jimmy's Place" just before going to the bar. When the police asked what his intention was for buying the knife he said that the 30th of January was the 33 anniversary of 14 Irishmen's deaths by English soldiers in Northern Ireland. He also stated that he had tried to kill himself 6 times before, but did not mention that he wanted to kill anybody else.

Miss Lamai Tunkratok, an eyewitness told Police that Farrell came into the bar and walked directly up to Brennan, who did not see him before the stabbing took place.

Farrell claimed insanity as a reason for the murder, but also told the police that he had stayed in a room on top of the "Jimmy's Place" in June-July 2004 and paid 4,000 Thai baht per month for it. However when he came back in September the price was 9,000 baht per month, he was angry about this and left the room at the end of October 2004. The wife of Mr. Brennan said that the reason for the change of the rent was a request from Mr. Farrell to have more facilities like TV, safety box etc. in the room. Farrell also told Police that he was angry with Brennan because he had paid too much for a taxi from the airport to Pattaya.

People who knew Mr. Brennan told reporters that he was a kind and friendly man with many friends and no enemies.

His wife Mrs. Chantaneepaa Boonsap, 48, said that Brennan formerly worked with Brennan's Law Searchers Ltd. 103 Richmond Road, Dublin. She showed a letter stating that Ernest Brennan was employed by this company as a freelance consultant. The letter also states that Mr. Brennan had been with this company for a number of years and was paid 50,000 Euros per annum for his services. The letter was signed by a John M. Brennan.

[/color]

Click here for a pic.

I did know that just happened in the north and didn't pertain to "normal" crimes. In the north, have thaey stopped throwing through windows in people's homes homemade grenades, that explode with nails shooting everywhere? I've been to Belfast a few times and once made some new friends at a pub in the center of town. When I was ready to leave at midnight, they told me not to turn left out of the pub. Fortunately, my B & B was to the right but I did read of someone being hit over the head with a pipe nearby a few days later. I've always felt fairly safe in N. Ireland, and the people that I have met are among th nicest that I have met in Ireland. By the way, I'll be in Dublin for a week the middle part of July and could meet at any Pub that you or Hamokhamok recommend.

If I read the article right, it was an old man (61) who stabbed from behind a younger man (45) two times and now pleads it is everybody's fault but his own why the man is dead.

BB asked about the expression [color:"red"] "charged with the unlawful killing of a fellow Irish national. " [/color]

There are times when it is legal to kill another person. For example, killing enemies during time of war, state executing criminals, and one that sometimes is hard to prove, killing in self defense.

[color:"white"] . [/color]

suadum said:
krml said:I hope this guy actually makes it to jail unlike the guy from I believe it was Belgium who stabbed his Thai girlfriend like 40 times and left her to die in his condo. Also in Pattaya....Since we all look alike no matter where we are from be it Europe, US, Canada, NZ, or OZ. If I missed anyplace you are in the same boat. IMO
That is the major reason I refuse to go to Pattaya. The dregs of humanity seem to end up there, causing all kinds of problems. I could care less if everyone thinks the bars/gals/sex/whatever is better there, I can't stand the punters.

Cheers,

SD

SD - For sure there are some real dregs of society in Pattaya but luckily they for the most part frequent cheapo beer bars - the risk of any problems in the better venues is realy pretty small and I have an absolute aversion to low life scum punters but have managed to live here for 4 years without an incident.

Cheers

Archived