Photo contest has ended

khunsanuk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Hmm, sounds like you are not being recognized by the photo gallery ::

Or you are getting a cached page from a previous user without access rights (i.e. a guest), in which case hitting CTRL-F5 should load the correct page.

"How to get to the winners and such???"

You'll have to compare the list in the first post against the Entry numbers.

"Can only silver members see it?"

No, all registered users can see the photo contest.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"How about a weekly comp with no prizes. I like stick's where is the pic, the first to guess could then enter his own one for the next week and so on, daft idea or what? -peter "

While I would love to have a regular contest, I don't think once a week will work, it's too quick.

I'm also a bit hesitant to do a 'guess the location' pic as this is kinda Stickman's gimmick. I'd prefer to do something original rather than copying him.

How about a monthly contest with the winner determining the theme for the next contest?

Sanuk!

Monthly would probably be better but themes might be a problem, look what happened with the christmas one. How many themes would bring in enough entries? how about an agreed list that people had pics of that the winner could pick from as the next theme? Something along the lines of

temples

beaches

bars

girlfriends

kids

issan

transport

hotel shots

music

regional places

animals

Hi KhunSanuk,

How about a regularl '?Taken in Thailand' photo competition?

This 'TIT' competition will have a limit of maybe ten/twelve/twenty entries. If/when the quota is filled the voting period of maybe ten/twelve/twenty days begins?

1st Prize: Free NP T-shirt/beer/cola presented by KhunSanuk at the Friday Meeting?

2nd Prize: Free NP membership upgrade or renewal for a year?

3rd Prize: Telephone topup card or Bar-fine paid at the winner's choice.

Every top three or four winning entries submitted to the annual or NP Birthday competition with better prizes.

Cheers,

John_Betong

Great idea, except the third prize sounds better than the first two. :p

In a future contest how about submitting up to 3 or 4 entry per contestant? It's not that I have that many photos but I did have a tough time making a decision of what to enter (and, ultimately, the photo I posted didn't do very well. :banghead:)

Another theme suggestion - "photos of Thai people", only because I have a couple of nice portrait type photos, as well as some goofy ones.

• 2 weeks later...

KS,

Re-launching the photo contest.....

How about a monthly contest ?

Say for example forward the pics to you within first 10 days of the month, contest from 11th till 20th, 21st is prices.

One fixed subject per month, for example Songkran in april, temples in october, beaches in july, hotels in august,holidays for december, wildlife, girls, kids, etc..... each month one fixed subject. It will be easy to find 12 subjects IMO.

Not even a need for prices, except membership eventually.

Just my take on this.

BB

Archived