Monthly photo contests

khunsanuk

Shyguy said <<But seriously the theme does need to be more general. So instead of soi dog something like Thai street life for example. >>

Sorry, but if the topic is too general, then we'll run out of topics, as well the iea is to get people to take photo's no tlook through their old pics.

I already have 2 other entries, but they are in flight from here to USA, taken last night!

And a pic of someone taking a pic of someone taking pics of a soi dog would be great!

DOG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just having a conversation with someone about a Soi Dog photo contest the other week- in LOS... really wierd deja vu happening down here..

I'll see what I can come up with.. great idea ND, especially incorporating photos which could be taken in farangland. Well done.

[color:"green"] Sorry, but if the topic is too general, then we'll run out of topics, as well the iea is to get people to take photo's no tlook through their old pics. [/color]

I disagree. The idea is to share photos. It does not matter if the photo was taken yesterday or 20 years ago.

If I would have known I would have taken a picture of one that always laid out front of Tony Romas on Sukhumvit between Soi 3 and 5.

This trip was the first time I have not seen him in the past two years. Damn! Now I will never win. :banghead:

Is this of a dog or one of the ugly freelancers that hang out there at night? :D

Shyguy, agree with the idea to share poto's, thats what the Photogallery is for. I think Silver member's can add there anytime they want too. KS can comment better.

I agree about sharing, maybe I didn;t make clear the idea of the competition. Itts to get people to go out and take photo's i.e. be creative on a certain subject in a certain timeline.

My experience, and I ran the largest and 2nd longest in lifespan Photopgraphy Gallery in Australia at the time (over 7 years.)

From my expereince there, keen photographers like the challenge to create something and then get it in here bby the deadline.

DOG

Hi,

"I think Silver member's can add there anytime they want too."

Correct. Both Silver and Bronze! Members can upload pictures to the gallery anytime they want (they will not appear until approved though which will almost certainly be with 12hrs).

Silver Members can also create their own personal galleries (and even make these private / password protected).

Sanuk!

ND,

Uh, so that means I can send in that pic I took of you rolling about in the gutter in Saphon Kwai trying to scratch the fleas off your back last weekend? :: :D

Good idea for the pic theme Dog. I have just the pic in mind I can take here in Surin! The Surin Soi Dog Prairie Dogs. Will charge the batteries today and spend the next week's evenings trying to capture the right moment while quaffing a Chang or two. Nothing like an artistic challenge I say. May the best ugly soi dog win! :)

Cent

From my expereince there, keen photographers like the challenge to create something and then get it in here bby the deadline.

I can understand this but aren't you then restricting the competition to mostly expats who are on-hand to shoot the (presumably) Thailand themed photo ?

Archived