Monthly photo contests

khunsanuk

Hi,

Nervous_Dog has graciously offered to run monthly photo contests for us. Rules will stay pretty much the same, i.e. everybody can enter, everybody can vote; entries are to be send to me by email (sanuk@nanaplaza.com) and I will post the entries after the deadline for sending has ended.

Anyway, ND will likely be posting soon with more details and the first theme.

Sanuk!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as a timely start I thought the subject this month will be (drum roll please)

SOI DOG

Best photo of a Soi Dog, can be mangy, cute, or just really ugly!

Even your Soi Dog in New York can be entered.

Comp closes March 31, Voting until April6, Winner April7!

April Comp will be announced shortly, I'll always give you a months notice at least.

May is "Songkran" - holding the comp in May as you have to take the pics in April - and yes, Songkran at your local temple in Farang land is well encouraged!

I'll also see if I can get some sponsorship so we can get some other prizes!

DOG - Photogenic!

Good March theme ND and thanks a lot for putting effort into this photo contest. :up::bow:

At least now I know I didn't buy the cam for nothing.

I'll see if there are any soi dogs willing to pose for me.

One entry per member I suppose?

Cheers!

:beer:

This should be very interesting. I'm sure as folks click away at these mangy creatures they will get some strange looks!

Had this been a couple of months back, I could have come up with a really bizarre entry. I was driving around E. Pattaya when I spotted a soi dog on the brink of expiring. As it stood there with a very sad expression I could see a gaping hole in it's side (size of a grapefruit).

It looked like it swallowed a grenade ... it was absolutely horrific. Image what people would have thought if I stopped and got out to photograph this unfortunate speciman!

I think I'll need a couple of brews before I tackle this assignment. Great choice of subjects though. Good thinking n.d.

I think I'll need a couple of brews before I tackle this assignment.

:D

Yeah a guy taking a pic of a soi dog is indeed a weird picture.

I will have to plan this mission and capture the victim as smooth as possible.

Shygye,

So instead of soi dog something like Thai street life for example.

IMO to broad and remember that there are many more months and themes to come. I think it's better for the contest, the interest and us to keep the variety of themes present otherwise we'll lose interest in no time and ND runs out of themes before the end of the year.

Archived