A favor for Bronze?

khunsanuk

KS,

I think maybe contest winners would be good candidates for a Bronze membership that haven't got one yet, also a monthly contest rated by the members for "Best post of the month by a non-Bronze or Silver Member", in each forum category; General, Stories, Trip reports, Relationships, etc. by a non-Bronze member, their gaining Bronze as the prize for winning the contest.

I'll give Bronze of my own for the posting of "quality" posts that I enjoy the most, my decision, depending on how many of these KS gives a Silver Member that I can give away.

I don't think number of posts is a good marker for a candidate for Bronze. Some post huge amounts of one-liner tripe that would inflate the numbers of a poster who really is contributing shit and chatter and not much else. Quality of posts should be a barometer, not just numbers. IMHO of course.

Cent

Hi,

"Quality of posts should be a barometer, not just numbers."

It is, but for the first batch I couldn't really be bothered to read through (literally) 10,000s of posts to see who had written enough quality posts.

Like the idea on offering them as a prize for 'best post of the month'. Might be better to discuss this in a seperate thread though. Care to elaborate on how you had in mind of doing this? (new thread please)

Sanuk!

BelgianBoy said:
coss said:

hall,

question 1: In what country was the dessert pavlova invented?

Cheers

Coss (bribeable)

While you'll probably want to think it is of Kiwi origin, I'll vote for an Ozzie origin!

What do I win ?

BB

Ahh... you win a genetic predisposition to view the world from an Aussie point of view. Which is why Aussie women have flat tops to their heads

Every one knows Pavlova was first made in NZ.

Cheers

Coss

coss said:
BelgianBoy said:
coss said:

hall,

question 1: In what country was the dessert pavlova invented?

Cheers

Coss (bribeable)

While you'll probably want to think it is of Kiwi origin, I'll vote for an Ozzie origin!

What do I win ?

BB

Ahh... you win a genetic predisposition to view the world from an Aussie point of view. Which is why Aussie women have flat tops to their heads

Every one knows Pavlova was first made in NZ.

Cheers

Coss

Hi Coss,

Besides just loving this dessert, I do also have a good memory, a family genetic thread for sure :p

My memory told me last night that it was explained to me by an Australian to be an Australian dessert,when in a small restaurant in Spain a few years ago.

But, no problem, I just googled it, and found namy sites showing it be be Australian......

Here is just one of those sites and they explain it as follows :

In 1935, the chef of the Hotel Esplanade in Perth, Western Australia, Herbert Sachse, created the pavlova to celebrate the visit of the great Russian ballerina, Anna Pavlova. Whilst it has been suggested this dessert was created in New Zealand, it has become recognized as a popular Australian dish.

Bon Appetit !

BB

• 2 weeks later...

A big thank you to Pattaya 127 for the sponsorship to bronze. A lunch at Leng Kee, a dinner at Mata Hari, (If I make it to Pattaya) or a brewski in Berkeley could be in the offing.

Archived