Bangkok Nightlife Falling Behind Other Areas...

sayjann said:

thanks for the info BrownFox77.

i only have 3 1/2 Days in BKK

Only 3 1/2 days - yes can always do a longer term trip on some future trip.

I booked that 2 day trip thru a Travel agent in Pattaya (Champion if I recall) however years earlier I booked some things thru the Nana Hotel tour desk and never had any problems with them.

I've found having a "2nd set" of LOS photos of the touristy things I've done can come in handy at times...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BrownFox77 said:

... I've found having a "2nd set" of LOS photos of the touristy things I've done can come in handy at times...

:) Great idea! :up:

Take hundreds the first time you go to any tourist attraction. Digitals cost almost nothing, right?

Anytime the nay-sayers and eyebrow raisers even hint at Thailand, pull out your 457 photos of Ayutheya.

"And here's another temple. And here's another Buddha image. And here's the Grand Palace from another angle. And...and...and..."

Soon enough, they will actively avoid mentioning Thailand.

short-time said:

Sounds like you saw about everything the area has to offer - except for the caves, did you miss them? I think they are on the way to the cemetery.

ST

ST,

Like Cent I've never heard of the Caves either. Curious to know what they are and if they're associated with the building of the Bridge or the Railway during WW II.

Yeah, they have some caves there. I was told those Japanese bastards used them for shelter during the building of the bridge. I toured them and I?d say they are worth seeing if you are there - nothing like say Mammoth cave in Kentucky for sure, but they are ok. The rocky entrance is kind of hidden so you might walk right by it if you don?t know it?s there. Inside, there are some tight passages you have to stoop to get through in places, but they open up into larger chambers, then more passages and more chambers. Nearby on the trail they also had some very large peacocks on display in cages, so if you saw those you were within a hundred yards or so.

I would have missed them myself it weren?t for a local kid who kind of attached himself to us and showed us the way. Yes, of course they have Buddha?s, offerings and religious stuff in there and also quite a few bats flying about. :cover: You can tour the whole complex in probably 20 minutes.

Personally, I?m more interested in hearing a nightlife report on those huge floating Disco bars. :)

ST

Archived