Bangkok Nightlife Falling Behind Other Areas...

Hi ND.

i will arrive on June 3rd and make my way to Gullivers to hopefully meet some of the Guys from this Board.

then i will have 3 Nights after to spend in the 3 main entertainment areas,one Night in each would be fun.

so far it seems MaiLuk,Khun_Kong and your good self are up to showing me around,lets hope a few others are up for a few Nights out.

Lazyphil.

i have to agree with you about Phuket being a better place to visit during the Day,but i must find out for myself.

i have changed my plans and will spend most of my time in Phuket but will take the oppertunity to take in BKK for 4 Days.

i don't know much about BKK but would like to see a few things.

i will do the Royal Palace again and hopefully get to Wat Arun this time,maybe find a Girl who wants her BF paid for 2 Days to accompany me.

i wish i had more time as i would like to visit the River Kwai (is this possible on a Day trip from BKK) ?

while on Phuket i will do the Phang-Nga tour again as i love the place and it's ambience.

but there are other trips i want to try this time and i must make the effort to get up early and do them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cannot disagree if just based on showing and closing times. However if you want some half decent looking women then Bangkok wins hands down IMHO. I know beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and all that, but a recent walk though a whole range of bars & Go-Go?s in Pattaya displayed the largest collection of unappealing fare I have ever seen.
I would have agreed with you a year ago. But the quality in Pattaya has improved substantially over the last year. Many BGs from Bangkok are moving to Pattaya.

With the crackdown in Bangkok and the much more relaxed attitude in Pattaya, it is a vicious - or virtuous if you are in Pattaya, which I am not - cycle of BGs following customers and customers following BGs. If Bangkok loosens up again - and there seem to be some hopeful signs that it will, but nothing concrete yet - I think you will see a migration back to Bangkok. Bangkok certainly has the capacity for a more sophisticated nightlife than Pattaya and that is what I miss most, but a good nightlife just doesn't work when the bars are forced to close at 1 am sharp.

Go have a look at Lucifer's disco. Tho its casual dress (very casual) the music is OK and the cover on weekends only 150 baht and most importantly open past 2am. Can get friggin crowded tho.
Thanks. Two questions: (a) are there plenty of available girls on the prowl and (B) does "open past 2 am" mean 2:15 am or closer to 3 am or beyond?

You can PM me the answer to question (B) if you feel uncomfortable posting this information in public (but of course of the MiB know anyway). Sort of a sign of just how strange this place has become: we can openly talk about the availability of working girls, but closing times past 2 am need to be kept secret

whosyourdaddy said:

..................River Kwai (is this possible on a Day trip from BKK) ?...........................

Yes about 700-1500B for a day trip depending on quality and activities. It is about 2.5 hours from bkk

Leave early so you can take the train through hell fire pass and also hit Erawan falls...hard to do if you get there late...

Old Hippie said:
whosyourdaddy said:

..................River Kwai (is this possible on a Day trip from BKK) ?...........................

Yes about 700-1500B for a day trip depending on quality and activities. It is about 2.5 hours from bkk

Leave early so you can take the train through hell fire pass and also hit Erawan falls...hard to do if you get there late...

Yep Defintely recommend Erawan falls, though put some good climbing shoes on - I got to waterfall 5 but decided the insurance woulnd't pay up for the climb to 6 if I had a mishap ::

Oh Oh....and get a plate of yourself on the way out....pretty damn cool :D

Newbie here, reading this thread has moved forward my plans to visit thailand.Done most of Europe and the Middle East, never Thailand but now look forward to this trip. Thanks to all for the posts here.

Archived