Bangkok Nightlife Falling Behind Other Areas...

Good report. Have a couple questions regarding the bars you visited though.

First, are you sure the BF?s in Safari are 500B? I?ve visited the place many times as it remains one of my favorite bars on the pong ? mostly because of the fun atmosphere and much better than average music they play there (classic R & R) that you mentioned. Last time I was there in January I think they were asking 700B but, maybe they thought I was a sucker.

Second, maybe those topless dancers at KCIII were able to display themselves because they were actually men. :o

And, a third question if I may: What is your opinion of Electric Blue on PP2? I think it?s one of the most promising bars in Patpong. Really like the atmosphere with all those blacklights and found the girls much better looking and friendlier than average. Only problem with the place is I thought the manager was a major size asshole.

Anyway, hope your visit overall was a pleasant one.

ST

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
short-time said:

Good report. Have a couple questions regarding the bars you visited though.

First, are you sure the BF?s in Safari are 500B? I?ve visited the place many times as it remains one of my favorite bars on the pong ? mostly because of the fun atmosphere and much better than average music they play there (classic R & R) that you mentioned. Last time I was there in January I think they were asking 700B but, maybe they thought I was a sucker.

Second, maybe those topless dancers at KCIII were able to display themselves because they were actually men. :o

And, a third question if I may: What is your opinion of Electric Blue on PP2? I think it?s one of the most promising bars in Patpong. Really like the atmosphere with all those blacklights and found the girls much better looking and friendlier than average. Only problem with the place is I thought the manager was a major size asshole.

ST

Thanks for the feedback.

Pretty sure the BFs were 500B in all of the joints. I did ask the old one who was giving me a massage- maybe it varies, depending on which employee you take out. The Safari music was easy on the ears.

Yeah, KCIII was definitely XY. I think I might have actually said that in my original post. :o NOT. I do wonder what the law says on that? And do they go in with the guys when they go monkey-house?

Didn't have reason to deal with the EB manager- what story do you have to tell there? I thought it was definitely a place with some promise- cavernous room, everybody was having fun in spite of few punters. I imagine that it could really get going with a group of fun-creating type guys.

I've spent several months in BKK and had fun all over town. In some of the threads, Patpong gets bad press but I've always had fun there, even though I felt I was treated disrespectfully a couple of times. (Maybe I was drunk)

Can anyone tell me if Music City is still open off Patpong I? That was a great place to hear loud music and I just loved that whole scene. I often think about Music City and the wild times dancing (or trying) there.

I like starting the evening, and have never ended it there, on Suk Soi 33. I like that you can order food from a restaurant and have it delivered to your table in the bar you're drinking in. That is so cool! And the girls are dressed up and looking fine. Sweet.

Soi Cowboy is also one of my favorites. I was treated to a great evening at Long Guns because my host thought it was the best Cowboy had to offer. Certainly i was treated well while there and didn't feel I had to buy drinks for everyone in the place.

I like it all.

::

I still haven't made it over to Patpong to check out what is like these days. But I was in Q Bar last night at closing time - a much too early 1 am - and I thought I heard the DJ make a rather interesting announcement. It was noisy, the crowd was shuffling out, I was not 100% sober and my attention was focused on someone else, but I could have swore I heard him say: "You all need to leave Q Bar now, it's after 1 am [so far fine, but then:], but if you want to know where the after hours places are tonight, just ask at the door."

My companion's condition was such that this didn't seem like a good option (but I was tempted) and since I only heard this announcement once, I wasn't 100% confident I got it right over the din, but it really piqued my curiosity. Of course now, late Saturday morning, I am kind of glad I did not pursue this option. But I am still very curious.

It makes sense that there would be after hours places. This crowd didn't seem like it was just going to shuffle home to sleep - the energy level was obviously way too high. It would be like running the mile or, better yet, a100 yard dash as fast as you possibly could, and then immidiately laying down an taking a nap; it doesn't work. But where do they go?

You are right; the Electric Blue gogo can be a blast with the right mix. I was in there last summer with a good friend and we had one hell of a good time with the EB girls handing out toys, playing tricks on them and attaching glow in the dark pasties to some lovely body parts.

I had a problem with the manager there (at least I think he was the manager) last New Year?s Eve, but perhaps it was just a fluke and yes, I had been drinking :drunk: and celebrating that night, so this could have been a factor. Don?t know, :: but my contact is mostly with the girls anyway and not bar owners or managers, so generally not a problem.

ST

When Electric Blue first opened in Pattaya, I thought it was great. The layout the music, the girls, the nudity, the chain dancing, the glass floor, the way the girls rotated on the main floor, the energy and uniforms of the dek serves.

Have not been back there for awhile now- heard it's lost all that and that any of the former action moved next door to Hooties.

I did some further research last night- Electric Blue BKK was much more sedate.

Returned to Safari. A friend pointed out that with the gowns on the girls, the 70's music and the silly paper decorations, it felt like some Bizarro version of a high school prom. :) Safari barfine is NOT 500 B, as I said earlier- it is 700B, both for the young ladies and the older ones. Last night, many of the older ones had been barfined by 11 PM. Of the 15 young dancers there, there were only about 3 left dancing. 3 or 4 were in street clothes with their guys, still hanging out and having fun. A couple of the old women were actually dancing on the stage near the door.

And yes, KCIII is pretty much 100% guys. Excellent surgeons here- the pussy facsimiles can be astoundingly convincing.

Sometimes, if it walks like a duck, looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

...it may be a flamingo! :)

>>Nana Plaza wouldn't even make my list - I simply detest the place.<<

Gentleman why so harsh about the plaza?

Tuesday night I stopped into the Rainbow Bar for the first time in six months and alsmost dropped dead. I visited this bar about five times a year for the last few years, but never saw anything like it. 23 girls on stage, practically everyone beautiful no exaggeration. Saw two ladies that i met previously on late night suk and immediately bought them drinks. Everyone moving and hustling no way to fall asleep here. The music is good for keeping a jetlagged farang from falling into the doldrums.

But i could not stay long cause it was my last night in town and had to see the angel witch show before leaving. Yes i still like the show tho you expat guys may have had your fill. One of the headliners that elsewhere has humiliated me playing pool was not there and i was disappointed but not for long. They vary the show to keep me on my toes. The dek serve that i barfined months ago she will never forget and keeps my glass replaced at all times and the large mamasan remembers the drinks i always buy for her and its a fucking fun bar to drink in. The girls all have sanuk potential even the show girls and you can watch the antics on stage while talking up the other girls nothing wrong with that.

Then hit Rainbow III? on the second floor, did not stay long cause i immediately barfined a girl and took her to the bar next store can't remember the name ??? has the strange layout where you sit 12 feet from the large stage. At first it looked dead then two beautiful girls appeared and started dancing and some farang were drunk and got on stage it was 1am so no problem.

Also hit the mandarin two weeks ago. Yes there are lookers there and easy to get a small party going at your table or at the stage. and the dek servs there are a hoot tho none look good. They and me laughed for an hour as they snuck up on me and utilized the ergonomic bottomless seats at the stage to harass me.

My bottom line for the plaza is that there are enough bars to where you can easily spend the evening there and strange unexpected shit will always happen (if you let it)

not to mention half the NP girls can be had across the street after the plaza closes, and nearby you can get barbecue onn the street (or anything else you want) or drunk in a beer bar at the entrance or at cathouse or play pool at morning noight etc it is a good center of the action type of place.

>>I still haven't made it over to Patpong to check out what is like these days. But I was in Q Bar last night <<

Go have a look at Lucifer's disco. Tho its casual dress (very casual) the music is OK and the cover on weekends only 150 baht and most importantly open past 2am. Can get friggin crowded tho.

SoiCowboyTony said:

Can anyone tell me if Music City is still open off Patpong I? That was a great place to hear loud music and I just loved that whole scene. I often think about Music City and the wild times dancing (or trying) there.

Are you referring to Muzak Cafe? Owned by the same company as Radio City. Both are still open.

They have opened a new place further down Patpong I, don't know the name, staff calls it the "new place"

TH

Why does it suck? Well here is a little anecdote. The last time I was in AngelWitch (oddly enough with Farangman) I ran into a gal I have known for a couple of years anyway. She ask for a drink and comply as she is an old "friend." I get a nice kiss and a little stinky finger in return. Meanwhile, I am too busy talking with the Nanapong guys and doing shots care about her. She understands cuz I told her so and she wanders off to try to get more drinks. Good on her.

About an hour later we leave. I glance around to say goodbye, but do not see her. No big deal. I am in front of Spanky's when I hear "Khun SD!" and she is running out of the bar. How sweet, I think, she is coming to say goodbye. Uh, no. She stands in front of me and winges: "Where's my tip?"

Pretty fuckin' cheeky for maybe 15 seconds of contact with me. I told her to piss off, in a not very nice way, I am afraid.

The lack of respect shown by the staff in most bars (tho' you have to speak Thai and understand the customs to get it) really irritates me too.

The whole NEP (OK, Cathouse is an exception) is like that. I can't be arsed to deal with that shit.

On the flip side, there are go-go bars in other areas where the gals wai me and apologize before they wipe my face with a cold towel. Maybe a bit too formal, but I like it none-the-less.

Cheers,

SD

Archived