Bangkok Nightlife Falling Behind Other Areas...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Electric Blue was open the other night until 2.30 am. Having said that, this is not a regular occurance. Normal closing in Patpong is drifting anywhere between 1.30 and 2.00 am depending on the mood of the police.

Lucifers is open til about 2 or 2.30, and there are plenty of small bars that lock you in after hours.

Shows wise, no Patpong doesn't really offer anything comparable to Angel Witch. Yes you get the upstairs shows of old but quite frankly they're not worth the effort.

There are also some great places around the corner from Patpong on the Suriwongse side which are worth a visit, plus a recently opened "Thermae" type venue that seems to be attracting a hell of a lot of freelancers from around the sathorn area.

Cheers

farangman

There is no getting away from it that Pattaya wins hands down in the categories you list. I may possibly disagree with you about the snottier girls though :D

For me, Pattaya is nice for a change for a long weekend every month or so, but it lacks so much that Bangkok has in abounds. Basically what I am saying is that leisure activities outside the nightlife are not as plentiful as they are in Bangkok.

This of course is no problem if you are just going there on holiday, but for me I would find it impossible to live there 365 - 24/7.

I digress however, ... as the thread title suggests - yes you are right... Pattaya is far more "in yer face" in terms of rachious nightlife than Bangkok is at the moment. However if we are only talking about Bkk, then patpong is my favourite.

Cheers

farangman

I haven't been to Patpong since about 1980 so I can't comment on that one.

I was never a great Nana fan and rate the Cowboy ahead of it.

However i have always preferred the beer bars, and various freelancer hang outs in Bangkok for having a good time.

There are quite a few nice bars on soi 33 as well.

I think Bangkok could be better if it was allowed to be just because of the variety of venues.

If i was living in Thailand i can see that Bangkok has more to offer and is probably a lot safer. You don't hear of much balcony jumping in Bangkok like you do in Pattaya

"plus a recently opened "Thermae" type venue that seems to be attracting a hell of a lot of freelancers from around the sathorn area"

That sounds interesting, any idea what was the name of the place and where is it located? I have always hated Patpong until my last visit there when we went to Pink Panther and it was actually quite good. And how expensive Patpong girls are nowadays? Before they quoted more than Nana girls and today it means they must be asking 5000 baht short time :). Or was that the going rate in Nana these days :: ::

I await the results of your research.

Although I have to agree with the comments about Pattaya providing more sanuk, the simple fact is that I live in Bangkok and I am not about to venture down to Pattaya every weekend for sanook. But I will certainly go more often, things being the way they are now in Bangkok.

Of course, the best solution is for Bangkok to slide back into what it used to be. If that happens in Patpong, so be it - I will spend more time in Patpong. There are subtle signs (in Soi Cowboy, for example) that things are loosening up, but I have seen a few false dawns before. Let me know what you discover in Patpong.

Dog,

I accept the stated mission, as long as you have enough hair grown back to light on fire again to amuse the lasses and myself as well! :: :D Haven't been in at least two years now. Sounds like a plan to me, but, I will not be back down for a weekend stay for a few weeks time. Let's gather a crowd of mates and do it up right one night when I get back.

Cent

p.s. Thouroughly enjoyed the last few adventures. I do think the Pattaya trip and Walking Street adventure with a couple friends of ours was the highlight though. Truly had that old feel back to it that Bangkok has been missing these past few years. Plus the company of good and crazy friends helps as well. That, and watching them lick pussy right from the stool as one rolled around the stage being raped by a dozen cuties who pulled off his pants and sat on his face while other bar patrons roared in laughter at these antics might have done the trick as well. Some cute lasses in those Walking Street gogo bars too. Diamond agogo had some of the best looking ladies I've seen gathered all in one gogo bar at one time in a long time really! Ahhhhh, fuck Patpong. Let's just go to Pattaya! :D

1. It gets a lot of unnecessary bad press from people who go there maybe once or twice every 2 years and don't know the fun places to hang out.

Cheers

farangman

So what are the good places to hang in Patpong?

trooper said:

"plus a recently opened "Thermae" type venue that seems to be attracting a hell of a lot of freelancers from around the sathorn area"

That sounds interesting, any idea what was the name of the place and where is it located? I have always hated Patpong until my last visit there when we went to Pink Panther and it was actually quite good. And how expensive Patpong girls are nowadays? Before they quoted more than Nana girls and today it means they must be asking 5000 baht short time :). Or was that the going rate in Nana these days :: ::

I hit Patpong last night, strictly for research. No plan of attack, just wandered into places, starting at about 8:30, ending around 11:15, at which time I took the BTS back to Cowboy, and then walked down to Nana..

Amazingly, in Patpong, it was possible to walk almost unimpeded last night! Very few tourists- there seemed to be more vendors and touts than consumers.

Only drank soda water, so don't know any booze prices, however- my sodas and anything the girl's drank were never more than 100 baht.

Visited King's I, II and III, Safari and Electric Blue, in that order, spending, very roughly, about the same amount of time in each place.

Barfines were 500 baht in each place, IIRC.

King's I and II were fairly quiet (early). Bunch of fat broads in both. I used to wonder where all of the fat people were in Thailand. Now I know a few places where they're stashed- Midnight in Cowboy being another central repository . :) Music was nothing memorable- at least for me- I don't remember what it was :oldman:

Customers about 3 or 4 Asian for every 2 farang. No hardcore LD pressure. In both places, bought a drink for the first girl who sat, talked and did not ASK for a drink. Outfits were b o r i n g bikinis, no showing- that was probably a blessing in disguise!

Wandered out, saw a flash of what looked like- a tit! In a doorway!. Got my attention. And, yup, K III was chock full of naked tits. On guys. :: Not so shocked, actually. More customers there than both of the other Kings combined.

High energy. Had a soda, watched the circus. At least 2 groups of guys who had brought in their drunken newbie friends. Asked to buy an LD (KD?) by several, bought one for a server (girl?) and that held the others at bay.

Walked back across to Safari. I've only been in there once before, thought it was kind of boring.

Nothing much had changed- except my attitude, which made it NOT boring. Same older girls in gowns and a handful of 40%'ers on stage (girls 40% my age). :oldman:

Got my soda and bought a soda for one of the older ones. Music was low-key, mostly older stuff, so old that it predates "classic rock", I think (is "Satisfaction" classic rock? :oldman:).

This is a place where you can actually chat. It seemed that all of the older girls were busy massaging customers and the 40% group would rotate between the 2 stages, gradually removing things until they were down to pasties and panties. The dancers were cuties and, while still legal, it was BAREly legal. All in all, a nice place, packed, everybody having fun. Each of the 6 or 7 girls dancing was easy on the eye.

From there, I walked up to Suriwong, go around the corner and down to Electric Blue.

I had much the same impression as the first time I went into the Pattaya version- the dek serves are the most fun in this place!

Same little blue and white pleated sailor skirts on the servers, some very small- read very V E R Y small- as in so small you could BAREly see them, bikini's on a couple of the girls.

All the girls were dancing like crazy to Isaan music. There were only 6 guys in the whole joint (this was around 11:00 now). It was like the girls had been given yaa baa- but in reality, it was only the Isaan music that was driving them wild. One particular girl was jumping from table to table, humping the other girls and BAREly (damn CAPS lock ;) ) controlling her minimal clothing. I asked a server to get the jumper a drink- she certainly deserved an "A" for effort.

Turns out she was shamelessly mao. Spilled her LD on my leg, licked it off, glued herself to my body. Enjoying the play, but not the anticipation of future-puke, I headed back to Suk.

I won't talk about Cowboy/Nana right now, but I did manage to get waylaid on soi 7/1. As another poster recently mentioned, lotsa action springing up at the end. Some really sweet and playful girls up there, past Eden (which seemed to be hosting a party for 2-legged soi dogs last night. No offense, Mark, just calls 'em as I sees 'em).

FWIW, quoted ST ranged from 1000 (Electric Blue) to 4000 (sucker rate at K I). Most said 2K ST

Anyway, don't know if this post belongs here or in some travel/nightlife/trip report in another thread. Mod, feel free to move.

Archived