Bangkok Nightlife Falling Behind Other Areas...

Hi Sayjann,

So you decided to visit the LOS after all. Good on you. Any trips scheduled to Samui? First beers on me!!

Quote;

"while on Phuket i will do the Phang-Nga tour again as i love the place and it's ambience."

What kind of tour is that? The whole coast line looks terrible, after the Tsunami. Not really a holiday mood destination IMHO.

Just wondering.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Limbo.

would love to have a Beer with you in Samui,but excuse my ignorance.

are you near to Phuket and is it easy for me to get to?.

once i stray 100 Yards from Bangla i am lost........ :shakehead:

i'm talking about Phang-Nga National Park which includes Pan-Yi Island and James Bond Island,not the actual coastline of the Province.

i understand the National Park was unhit by the Tsunami,but hopefully someone will tell if i have been given the wrong info.

oops......

just looked at a map of Thailand and i see Phuket is a long,long way from Samui,i never realised.

seems that a visit might not be on the cards,but who knows.

i'm on holiday and maybe i might find the time to visit if i can find a cheap way to get there.

There are plenty of attractive available women in Pattaya.

Obviously Bangkok has more attractive women as it has a lot bigger population but if you can't find anything good in Pattaya you are not really trying or you are going to the wrong places.

A lot of guys are put off by the number of unattractive beer bar gals they see in Pattaya. They look at these girls and say all Pattaya girls are ugly. The fact is that there are so many girls in Pattaya that you have to do a bit of sifting sometimes to find the good ones.

I also like the attitude of the girls in Pattaya.

They are much more relaxed than their Bangkok counterparts and you are much more likely if inclined to get the GFE in Pattaya.

sorry if my question is off topic,but it does follow on a little from previous conversations and i don't want to waste KS's Bandwidth with a new thread.

River Kwai Tour.

i will be staying at the Nana Hotel while in BKK and want to do something else apart from walking the streets looking for a Girl during the Day.

the Hotel offers a full DayTour for 1500 B and do Members think this is acceptable?.

i know that i could probably get a Tour much cheaper,but being picked up and dropped off at the Hotel seems a good idea to me.

only problem is that it leaves the Nana at 06:30...... :down:

i'm used to getting to bed at that time of Day not going out for the Day....... :shakehead:

perhaps a Night out and then staying awake for a few Hours might be in order.

i'm sure i can find a nice Girl to keep me awake for a while....... :hubba:

Guest lazyphil

take the boat up to nonthaburi/koh kret has a great weekend market, or go to see some thai kick boxing lumpini stadium, chatchuchak weekend market is amazing if you can stand the heat/crowds, mooch around MBK, nice and cool in there!

You don?t have to take a structured tour offered by Nana Tours in the Nana hotel to visit the River Kwai area. Just walk outside the door and arrange a day ahead of time for a driver to take you there and be your guide. That way you can set your own departure time. I did this and split the cost with three other guys and I believe we left around 10 am and still had plenty of time to explore the area. Can?t recall the cost, but something like 500B each including tip.

I wouldn?t mind going back there and spending a night to check out the nightlife on those floating barges (bars) that venture out into the river after dark. Have heard sometimes they connect several of these things together to create one huge barge and have one hell of a party complete with dance floors, disco lighting, sound systems and several full service bars in action all while floating down the river. Sounds like it could be a fun place to take that special girl for a weekend, anyone ever tried this?

ST

Hi Sayjann,

Phuket is about 550Baht and 6 to 7 hours away by minibus from phuket or less than hour by plane (Bangkok Airways) but this sets you back around 3.000Baht one way.

Kanchanaburi and the 'WWII" Death Railway are interesting. I liked it as a days trip, although I rented a car and moved on.

sayjann said:

River Kwai Tour.

the Hotel offers a full DayTour for 1500 B and do Members think this is acceptable?.

Sayjann,

Wouldn't cast off the idea of one of those planned tours too quickly. I went on a "2 Day" River Kwai tour that included a "private suite" on a River boat over night for me and the girl I took, and that 2 day trip turned out to be a fantastic time for all. The girl I took I knew for only 2 days and had picked her up in a Pattaya GoGo. There were about 7 of us in the tour. All strangers at first but when we parted after those 2 days with the Mercedes Benz van dropping us all off where it had picked each of us up, it was as though we were the best of friends.

Besides seeing the Bridge on the River Kwai, we hit the floating market, road on those "Sampams" powered with V8 engines on a stick, toured a small village area where they did fantastic wood carvings, spent some hours in an Elephant Village where we rode on Elephants thru the jungle and down the shallow part of a river, stopped at the Allied Cemetary and also the River Kwai museum, walked around Kanchanaburi and over the famous bridge, ate on a floating restuarant on the River Kwai - watching Disco Barges float by, put us on a huge "raft" up the River to a large Waterfall where we all took "River Showers" in the waterfalls, hiked thru the woods to a local "water hole" where young Thai kids (and us) jumped into an ice cold fresh water swimming pond, took a trip on the "Death Train", and on the River Boat we sailed up and down the River Kwai past some amazing scenery (and real neat looking river House Boats here and there). During our trip there were times we all became like little kids again. One of my best memories is of drinking Thai wiskeys and sharing stories with the others on the wooden deck of our River Boat as it drifted down the River thru a jungle area late at night with monsoon rains roaring down so loud it was hard to talk. If I recall the cost for both me and my girl (who really loved the trip) was around 4000 baht and that was for everything including 3 meals a day. ::

thanks for the info BrownFox77.

as i only have 3 1/2 Days in BKK things might be a bit tight to take 2 Days out for the trip,after all there are other things i will be doing.

the trip from the Hotel is 1200,not 1500 and i think it i will just go with the flow.

at least that way i can just play follow the leader and be one of the sheep being herded from place to place.

i'm really interested in this tour now and i must go home with some sort of cultural/tourism stuff on VDO and camera.

Archived