Family friendly Thai restaurants in Suk areA?

Donut

Anybody know about family friendly Thai restaurants on lower Suk? The area is filled with restaurants but only very few real Thai restaurants. I will bring the entire family with me, including several children that will need to play etc. while we are eating - price level is not an issue. Any good suggestions anyone- apart for the Condom restaurant on Soi 12.

Thanks...

There is a good place in the bottom of the Times square building, forget the name, it is down stairs, the same people have a restaurant in Ploenchit center, Soi 2 Sukhumvit. Also forget the name. Neither is good for kids running around though. Place above Foodland on Soi 5 is also good, Called Thai House or something. They have live music at times. Soi 7 food court is o.k. but has a lot of Bar girls and freelancers walking around, up to you if this is acceptable...

Hi Old Hippie, thank you for quick response and the suggestions. It really proves my point doesn't it? Not many Thai restaurantsin the area. As for the bar girls at the food court- eeeh no it doesn't bother me...at all- but the missus might find it a bit too much. There used to be a really good place in the middle of the bar complex that was torn down at soi 10- when the place was dominated by souvenier shops. Nice outdoor place away from the traffic, cool beer and friendly people. I guess that's the kind of place I am looking for but it seems hard to find.

Brgds. D

IMO the whole lower Suk is not family friendly! go a bit outside, bangkok has so many large garden restaurants, where the kids can play.

if lower suk and thai:

rossabien, soi 11, 300 meters into the soi on the left, garden

Beergarden Soi 8 (not the one on soi 7)

Hi Samak- you are right lower Suk is not family friendly - but perfectly located in town so that is where we stay. Beergarten Soi 8 is a good idea since we actually stay at Stable Lodge soi 8- the one on soi 7 I better visit alone :-) - Will go have a look at Rossabien when I arrive. Thanks!

Thai barbeque restaruants, the kind where you cook all the food you can eat on a grill set on the table really fit the bill for large groups, especially with kids, B79 to B99 p.p., excluding bevereges, makes it even better. The closest one to you is on Suk. Soi 22, (Ploen Chit BTS) about a 10 minute walk down the soi, almost to Rama 4 on the left side, set in the rear of a parking lot.

If you take the Skytrain to Prah Khanong, there is a very large one owned by the family of Olympic boxer Somlak. It is about 2 blocks North of the station on the right hand side. They have a clown that walks around and makes free balloon toys for the kids; B79 pp.

If you have a large group, make sure to ask for an extra grill or two.

David

"...If you take the Skytrain to Prah Khanong, there is a very large one owned by the family of Olympic boxer Somlak. It is about 2 blocks North of the station on the right hand side. They have a clown that walks around and makes free balloon toys for the kids; B79 pp.

If you have a large group, make sure to ask for an extra grill or two.

David ..."

Ate there a few weeks ago, loved it!

live music also! singers, clowns great place and good price, but a limited menu, but still not a good idea to let the kids run around...hot coals and all...

Mostly though I find restauants in Thailand VERY family or child friendly. Often the staff come and take the kid away to play with so we can eat in peace (And so can the others!)

Soi 7 outside food court I used to think child friendly until Jing-joe decided she wanted to play pool in Blue Wave, even ordering drinks and cling onto a bar stool when we wheren't looking (AND NO WE WAS NOT IN THERE WITH HER!)

Sorrpy caps lock!

Soi 12 Cabbages COndoms is good, and you can give them a ree sex ed lesson for free!

Racking my brain, and I think your right, can;t think to many places at all.

DOG

• 4 weeks later...

For the record, this is a correction of an error in my directions to the Soi 22 Barbeque Restaruant earlier in this thread. I stated to get off at the Ploen Chit BTS . That is wrong, it should read "Phrom Phom" BTS, 1 stop north of Asok.

David

Archived