Xanax

Hi!

I gave up recently nightly use of Xanax mostly 'cause it's a bit of an headache to procure and I was lazy to go see the doctor.

Result is I still can sleep but find life easier with Xanax. It seems less and less drugstores are selling them in BKK and quality is not always sure while price is inflating wildly. Even in Yangoon over the counter sale has been banned.

Which shop could sell me a hundred or more 1 mgs pills at decent prices in BKK? generics are ok if they're working the same way.

Thanks for all positive input

Random

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a small stash in my condo in BKK for my jet-lag. I use it for about 3ld nights and then stop.I woudl caution anyone on continued long term use of this substance.

I know you did not ask about this but I thought I would speak up for your health and wellfare. :)

They do sell it but its under the table.

Jitagawn,

I've used Xanax almost continuously for about three years. Heard so many people warn me the same way as you did. Still it helped me quite a bit adjusting my sleep to my daily needs and hence following some pretty regular schedules I had a very hard time following before. No side effect noticed.

Thus i'm rather enthusiastic about the product

Cheers!

Random

I've got a legal prescription for Xanax (alprazolam) in the States (for many years now) but bought some extras (generic) at the Pharmacy on Suk between Sois 7 and 5. Whatever "they" are they give me a headache so never used them again. Everything else I bought at this place like Caverta, etc were fine, its only the generic Xanax that seemed a bit dodgy.

Best to keep with very low dosages of Xanax (I use 0.5 mg) because sudden withdrawl can give you seizures and higher doses can be habit forming.

Guest lazyphil

random, maybe you need to be having more sex rather than just talking about it, lots of sex makes you tired and induce quality sleep :neener:

You have to scour the different drug stores in the different neighborhoods of Bangkok and Pattaya. Maybe other cities or towns too. I have had luck in both scoring Dormicum in Bangkok and then Xanax in Pattaya. You have to convince the pharmacy person that you need to sleep for "ruambin". I usually do this with a soft punch to the head and closing my eyes like I am sleeping and say "for ruambin". They go into the locked drawer and out comes the stuff. Funny, when I scored 20 1mg of Xanax (purple pills) I went to the airport to fly home and found on the floor six Valium (yellow/beige pills). Valium may work better for airplane purposes than Xanax which is toned down a bit to leave your system much quicker which in turn may shorten somewhat your sleep pattern. Dormicum and Valium might work better. But they are all close in family to each other. I have not taken the Valium though. Too nervous about finding it on the floor though still in blister pack.

Try the pharmacy on the even Suk side around Soi 22 or so. Then in Pattaya the drug stores on Buakow between Pattaya Central and Pattaya South Road might yield some results...

Oneye

Xanax (the genuine product) and those purple to blue 1 mg alprozolam pills (I judge most of these to be more like .5 mg or .25 mg in strength) that used to be available at most pharmacies are indeed getting hard to come by. They can still be found, but are scarce and when you find them the price is usually high.

Also, I think there is some confusion here between Xanax (alprozolam), Halcion (triazolam) and Valium (diazepam). Yes, they are all in the same chemical family called Benzodiazepines, but they are used for different purposes. Valium and Xanax are used to treat anxiety and are very similar although I?ve heard some say Xanax seems ?cleaner? with fewer side effects than Valium. To me they seem to act about the same.

Halcion is/was marketed for insomnia and is indeed a very good sleeping pill ? much better than Xanax for this purpose. I?ve been taking Halcion for over 20 years and have never had problems using it. I seldom take it anymore though since I discovered Ambien - which seems to work better.

Also, Ambien is not a benzodiazepine, so if you are taking say Valium or Xanax for anxiety reduction and Halcion for sleeping you can develop a cross-tolerance which reduces the effectiveness of the medications. That said, it?s best to limit your intake of benzodiazepines to as little as possible as drug dependence is a reality and continued use reduces their effectiveness.

ST

Archived