Ebay Business from Bangkok??

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOW DO YOU GET TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE ?

thats what EBAY does and gets paid well for it too.....

I find lots of buyers worldwide on EBAY, but if you do not play it smart the fees will eat you up , especially if you have items $100 + up that will not sell everytime,

OC

I've met a few merchants at the sunday market in Chiang Mai. Usually, they will take me back to their hourse, where they keep their more expensive items or items markets for westerners. They told me that they won't bring these items to the sunday market because Thais are cut-throat in copying anything that they think is a good idea/design. I took a copy of a business on the web that makes teak outdoor furniture. The merchant that I deal with would show the pages to other vendors but would not leave them copies, in concern in having the furniture copied. I may try to sell 35 mango lamps and see how it goes before placing a large order.

If you are selling on Ebay then its a problem if others have what you are selling,

Probably not the same thing if you are selling locally and the buyers will purchase on seeing the product, they have nothing to compare too and will buy it if they like it.

I bought another item in Chaing Mai, a local copy of a European item, but the cost was 7000 baht , I think it can be made easily for less than 2000B, so I bought one as a sample and gave it to my guys in BKK to figure out.

Always interesting buying and selling.......

pe8e,

** Ebay is a huge money machine, which if used corectly can bring massive rewards .. **

and which does not things easier for those without a clean strategy and a well-designed concept and an attractive product . Actual selling cost on Ebay to our experience is about 8 % of total sales which is already not too bad. And far far less than what you would have to spend in real life .

The enormous Ebay advantage is the immediate access to millions of consumers who again have the possibility to target on what they need without reading 60 Yellow Pages and newspapers. Hoping for a low price which is not always what they get. We do not put anything up for auction , just fixed price.

BuBi

Archived